5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

mustangs in snow

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 03:31 AM
ILUVMYSTANG
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: mustangs in snow

ORIGINAL: Ninety5five0

If you had a sn95 you could put snowchains on, they are made for that ya know.....
They make chains/cables for FOX bodies FYI^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 11-28-2006, 03:46 AM
Mowin8603
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HACKGT350

you guys must suck at driving i dont want to sound like an ******* but i got through the snow fine. i had to drive home in the middle of a blizzard there must have been 4 inches of snow already and it was only snowing for 2 hours took me 2 hours to get home when it should take 15 min but i made it up one steep *** hill i just sat back and counter steered my way passed all the front wheel drive cars that were stuck while the 4 wheel drive cars and trucks where hauling *** past me. all im saying is when there is a light dusting go out and find a parking lot have fun with it thats the only way you learn to control your car in the snow thats how i learned
exactly!! thats how i learned, im only 18 and i am pretty confident how my driving in the snow. ive driven a 93' RX-7 in the snow before with summer tires lol it was tricky but just take your time and look way ahead.

but ya my dad taught me right, first we went to a parking lot with a lil snow and he told me to just cruise around and do what ever to get a feel for it, given i was in an AWD mountaineer, but then we did a front wheel drive car, my moms accord, then the rx-7 and ya.. big difference between the 3 but after some practice i was good. so go do some drifting and doughnuts, but whatch out for the light poles lol
Old 11-28-2006, 03:52 AM
94gtcoupe
5th Gear Member

i think there is a story behind that!!! lets hear it
ORIGINAL: Mowin8603

ORIGINAL: HACKGT350

you guys must suck at driving i dont want to sound like an ******* but i got through the snow fine. i had to drive home in the middle of a blizzard there must have been 4 inches of snow already and it was only snowing for 2 hours took me 2 hours to get home when it should take 15 min but i made it up one steep *** hill i just sat back and counter steered my way passed all the front wheel drive cars that were stuck while the 4 wheel drive cars and trucks where hauling *** past me. all im saying is when there is a light dusting go out and find a parking lot have fun with it thats the only way you learn to control your car in the snow thats how i learned
exactly!! thats how i learned, im only 18 and i am pretty confident how my driving in the snow. ive driven a 93' RX-7 in the snow before with summer tires lol it was tricky but just take your time and look way ahead.

but ya my dad taught me right, first we went to a parking lot with a lil snow and he told me to just cruise around and do what ever to get a feel for it, given i was in an AWD mountaineer, but then we did a front wheel drive car, my moms accord, then the rx-7 and ya.. big difference between the 3 but after some practice i was good. so go do some drifting and doughnuts, but whatch out for the light poles lol
Old 11-28-2006, 03:56 AM
Mowin8603
3rd Gear Member

lol well lets just say i have been lucky, but had a really really close call... whn my dad wasnt with me lol, ya reeaaaalllly lucky!
Old 11-28-2006, 04:08 AM
94gtcoupe
5th Gear Member

haha been there done that slid into the schools door one day playin in the parking lot didn't hurt the car tho... + is was the winter beater...
Old 11-28-2006, 04:49 AM
Blckstng93
4th Gear Member

Light snow is doable if you know what youre doing. Feather it and go just fast enough to keep moving. And watch those brakes!

93 GT with AOD, 3.73 and low tread G-force KDWS.... an inch of powder and still falling with some slush under it. Stuck her in 3rd the whole way home which is normally a 10-15 minute trip. Took me almost an hour. No problem until i turned onto my street, right rear tire slid and i got stuck. A couple in a Silverado got me out. He and i pushed while his wife hit the gas. You shouldve seen the smile on her face when she got out. Me and my baby got home safely but the same could not be said for my left rear tire. Sidewall split wide open a few days later.

Dang noreasters. I can live without em.

I did the empty parking lot in the snow to. Fun. But yea, watch out for those poles, and any cops patrolling the area. I was just leaving as one came around the corner. A nieghbor mustve called them because the cop was spotting the area. Lucky me.

Old 11-28-2006, 07:19 AM
89GTRed
5th Gear Member

My brother just got back to bothell from bellevue. Took him 8 hrs to go 20 miles cause there were so many accidents on 405. And its not just snow HACKGT350 Its compacted ICE. I live in bothell and had to go to the store (cause I needed BEER) when the power went out for like 2 hours. I drove my Honda SPREE! ROFL Ended up hitting the brakes and doing a 180 and sliding 40 ft stopping 3 feet shy of hitting a COP who was out of his car at an accident. He was pissed...Asked me " what the HELL are you doing out here??" Had to let me go though cause I stayed in my lane and didnt hit anything, he was a bit pissed to say the least. AAHhhhh good times on the old scooter...
Old 11-28-2006, 07:28 AM
89GTRed
5th Gear Member

heres my pimpin winter beater...my bad its a honda AERO!

[IMG]local://upfiles/32142/6D8442FB2B694466AE09ECFDAFCE0EA3.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-28-2006, 09:35 AM
ebxgsxr
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: drhoward
awd eagle talon with snow tires to a mustang in the snow!!!
i bet that's like driving from day to night. i had a 95 TSi with a lot of work done, but i didnt drive it in the snow except once. even with summer wheels & tires, it handlesd fine. im definitely not driving my vert in the snow. hell, im pissed b/c i drove it in the rain twice.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:15 PM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

Ya this is the first AWD car I have owned, and I am hooked, its amazing how well those cars handel in the snow. Don't get me wrong there is nothing better than a high horse power rwd car for the summer but in the snow the talon is actually fun to drive (when it is running and not in the shop!!)

Quick Reply: mustangs in snow