MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang-14/)
-   -   speed shop! (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang/211353-speed-shop.html)

pro tint 11-28-2006 02:28 PM

speed shop!

just wondering what you guys look for when choosing a speed shop?

ttoppedaerocoupe 11-28-2006 03:34 PM

RE: speed shop!

this is probably not a good way to judge, but I look primarily at what is in the shop when i go visit, and the mechanics cars. Youd like to think that whatever jobs theyre doing to their rides would be similar quality to what they would do to yours...

88BlueGT 11-28-2006 03:39 PM

I look for CUSTOMER SERVICE, RELIABILITY, HONESTY!

When you say your going to have someones car back on time, HAVE IT BACK.
When you say you are only going to charge a certain amount, ONLY CHARGE THAT AMOUNT.
When you make recommendations, KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.
Be honest with your customers, NO BULLSH*T.
DO GOOD WORK, NO HALF A$$ JOBS.
Be flexible with your prices, you might not get as much as the next guy but you will get more business that way. Atleast until you establish a name for yourself anyway.
Be respectful to your customers, dont treat them like they dont know what they are talking about and its a hassle for you to work on their car, etc.

Just some pointers ;) If I had a shop like that around me they would have all my money! lol

ttoppedaerocoupe 11-28-2006 03:46 PM

I cant tell if BlueGT has some built up anger towards a certain speed shop near his house, or if he has recurring dreams in which there is a speed shop that does all that stuff.

Good luck finding a place with allll of that.

dimebag 11-28-2006 03:47 PM

if they specialize, lets make sure its a domestic, or mustang shop, not an import/tuner shop, lol. and yes the post above is a great way to tell, as is seeing what kind of work theyve done in the past, which is usually posted on there website, if they have one

88BlueGT 11-28-2006 03:50 PM

ORIGINAL: ttoppedaerocoupe

I cant tell if BlueGT has some built up anger towards a certain speed shop near his house, or if he has recurring dreams in which there is a speed shop that does all that stuff.

Good luck finding a place with allll of that.
A little bit of both... I am still waiting to find a shop with all of that lol

cgcgraded 11-28-2006 06:01 PM

ORIGINAL: 88BlueGT

I look for CUSTOMER SERVICE, RELIABILITY, HONESTY!

When you say your going to have someones car back on time, HAVE IT BACK.
When you say you are only going to charge a certain amount, ONLY CHARGE THAT AMOUNT.
When you make recommendations, KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.
Be honest with your customers, NO BULLSH*T.
DO GOOD WORK, NO HALF A$$ JOBS.
Be flexible with your prices, you might not get as much as the next guy but you will get more business that way. Atleast until you establish a name for yourself anyway.
Be respectful to your customers, dont treat them like they dont know what they are talking about and its a hassle for you to work on their car, etc.

Just some pointers ;) If I had a shop like that around me they would have all my money! lol
Apparently the shop i am currently dealing with has never seen this. Contacted them 2 months ago about a HCI job and paid IN FULL. 2 months later..........excuses.

88BlueGT 11-28-2006 06:08 PM

You paid them before they did a job? What in the world would make you do that ?!? I would call them and tell them you want your money back, you already have an idea of what they are all about.... BULLSH*T! And thats not the type of people I would want working on my car.