5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

How does this place look?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 03:47 PM
frdmstng1986GT
5th Gear Member

Default How does this place look?

http://www.performance-dyno.com/index.html

So i have kinda been toying with bringing my car here.. but i dont know of anybody who has gone there so i dont know if the place is good or not. all in all how does it look to you guys, price wise, and everything. i know it's hard to answer, just trying to get a good idea about the place.. this is my first time ever dealing with a dyno place.. except for when i was in school.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:50 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

Default RE: How does this place look?

looks like theve done a few stangs, which is good.... i would read alot up on there site, if you feel comfortable w. them working on your car, then go for it. ****, just go in and talk to the guy, see how knowledgeable he is, etc... and hopefully some one here has been there and can say if they liked them or not.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:17 PM
frdmstng1986GT
5th Gear Member

he seem's pretty knowlageable n has alot of guys that go there regularly it seems. just wondering i guess what people thought. or if anybody has been there. he also has a 69 mach 1 that runs low 12's at 120+mph on street tires.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:54 PM
Black Snake
5th Gear Member

Looks legit, but you cant tell a quality of a shop by there pics and bio go talk to them and see if they know what there talking about.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:05 AM
frdmstng1986GT
5th Gear Member

well i joined his forum... asked a couple of questions and this is what i got back.

1st thing i said...

I have a 86 mustang gt, pretty much all i have done to it is in the sig bellow but i am also planning on a swap from a clutch fan to a electric fan very soon. i am hopeing to have headers and an off road h or x-pipe soon also. i am just wondering if they make a performance chip for my car, like a custom burnable one with a switchable multi tune set up?.. if not, what options do i have if any? i will deffanitly be comming to see you as soon as i get the car back from paint to make a couple of baseline runs. sorry if these are dumb questions, it's just my first time actually dealing with a tuner and i want to know as much as i can before hand. thanks, ohh and by the way, very sweet mach1 you have there man.

he replied...

You really should consider upgrading to a Mass-airflow-Sensor setup. You have a speed density efi system that was discontinued in '88. It's very easy and pretty cheap to upgrade to mass-air and then I can burn you a multi-program chip. You will also be able to do future mods with easier tuning. I know of no chips available for the speed density efi Mustangs. If you are interested in doing it I can help you.
Pete

then i said...

well i might have a doner car for the swap, i have a 92 t-bird with a 5.0 ho with maf, would you know if that maf and harness work? i did know that i had speed density in my car and that a swap over to maf was going to be in order if i ever decided to do a cam or head swap... wich i do want to do in the future. basicly i was just wondering if they did make a chip for the sd cars and also would it be worth a tune? i want to bring my car to you in the future just to make some baseline runs before i do some major swaps like heads and cam and a 331 stroker kit.

he said...

All you need to upgrade to a Maf system is a mass air flow sensor, intake tube and new pcm. The last one I did was from parts from Ebay. You can get the intake and maf cheap, the connector plug and you can get an A9L or A9P pcm from any auto parts store for $99. I have the diagram to connect the pins to the pcm, it takes 4 I think. It can be done in an afternoon. Ford Motorsports makes a conversion kit for like $600 but you can do it for half that with seperate parts. The original speed density efi is not tunable or upgradable.
Pete

so.. he seems pretty legit to me. i am gonna go sometime this week to check him out and talk with him. i was just hopeing somebody on here would have more insight.. i saw obsolete in there but i havent seen him on here in awhile.