5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Wire Hidding, K Member & Battery Relocating Kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 03:44 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Wire Hidding, K Member & Battery Relocating Kit

ORIGINAL: rez_rocket

How difficult was it to pull the fenders?
Sorry i couldnt answer any question. Im in the same boat as u, just starting this process
Hey, the fenders werent the hard part. It was the fender wells that were a huge PITA. The driver side fender well seemed alot easier than the passenger for some reason. Just start pulling all the trees and unscrewing all the screws from the fender and fender well. Than there will be about 8-10 (11mm I think) bolts connecting the fneder to the front bumper. You will need to take off the two brackets that hold the front bumper to the radiator support right on top. You can see the brackets sitting on top of my raditor in the picture. Pull the front bumper foward and it should come off pretty easy. Before you start pulling though there is trim that is holding on the side skirts. Pull the side skirts up to pull the trim over the metal bracket on the fenders. Than thats really it. And just be careful not to scratch the paint when taking the fender off, its pretty simple.

Old 11-29-2006, 03:47 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jasperstang308

yea i thought u were installing that a while back? have u not had the time? also when u do ur going to need c/c plates to help get the alignment. well i had to anyways cause my car was low as hell. what spring rate did u go with with ur coilover springs?
Hey, I was supposed to order my a arms today but instead Im getting a new coil and a battery relocator kit lol I have had the k member for a LONG time now. I have the money but than I always spend it on something else. Girdle covers, manifold, gears, install kit, battery relocator kits, coil, subframes, panhard bar, billet interior sh*t, ignition wires, etc lol Im going to do the front suspension all at once and the rear all at once too.

D&D K Member
D&D A Arms
D&D Coil Over Kit
D&D CC Plates (or MM)
Strange 10 Way Adj. Struts
Old 11-29-2006, 03:50 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

awesome. well if beware it will take a while to do it. its not incredibly hard its just really time consuming. are u talking about doing the front and rear suspension all at the same time?
Old 11-29-2006, 03:54 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Im going to do the front at one time (k member, a arms, coil over, struts, cc plates, etc.) and the rear at the same time (not sure with rear setup but Im already running strange 10 ways and have a mm panhard bar). Im doing all my work in batches lol After this than comes tf street manifold (have it), accufab 70mm tb (and egr), cai, valve covers and 2 1/2 cowl (or cobra). I like doing it in batches instead of one at a time, makes life alot easier lol
Old 11-29-2006, 03:56 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

yea it really does since evertyhing is already off of the car and then u put the nice parts on it. its hard to recommend something it just depends if ur going for a drag set up road course or what. but i am sure u already knew all of that
Old 11-29-2006, 03:58 PM
black88lx

i got a real nice aluminum battery box off ebay, there is a guy who makes them he has an ebay store, i will try to find the link, mine was like 50 bucks or something, and it came with alll the mounting hardwared, i really like it, it was a nice piece. and for wirring i got abunch of old amp wire that i used, real heavy stuff, i thnk it was 4 gauge.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:03 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jasperstang308

yea it really does since evertyhing is already off of the car and then u put the nice parts on it. its hard to recommend something it just depends if ur going for a drag set up road course or what. but i am sure u already knew all of that
Yea I know that. Ill figure out the rear suspension whenever I get to it. As of right now I know Im just running MM panhard bar, MM control arms, strange 10 ways and not sure about the rest.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:12 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

man u must be making the big bucks for all of that MM suspension parts that stuff is expensive!!!
Old 11-29-2006, 04:23 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Yea I know. For some reason every month I somehow spend more money on my car than I make in a month lol haha
Old 11-29-2006, 04:51 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Well, I just ordered my Taylor Polished Aluminum Battery Relocator Kit and my MSD Baster TFI Ignition Coil!

jasper... that better be a nice a$$ box!

Quick Reply: Wire Hidding, K Member & Battery Relocating Kit