MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang-14/)
-   -   Fascinating substance in coolant resovoir. (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang/211972-fascinating-substance-in-coolant-resovoir.html)

MrMiracle 11-29-2006 08:56 PM

Fascinating substance in coolant resovoir.

In keeping with my Kirbian theme here, I've codenamed my current project 'Boom Tube'.

Anywho, tonight saw the continuation of accessory removal. I attempted to drain the radiator, but even though I could clearly see fluid up to the level of the filler cap, nothing came out at the drain.

So I removed the fan shroud and clutch fan. Once I was able to lift the shroud out, I attempted to drain the resovoir. What came out was brown and unpleasantly muddy.

I suppose if there's more of this in the radiator itself, it would explain my drainage problem.

mattdel 11-29-2006 08:59 PM

RE: Fascinating substance in coolant resovoir.

yah thats what happens when oil mixes with antifreeze at 210 degrees

7upedition 11-29-2006 09:05 PM

ORIGINAL: mattdel
yah thats what happens when oil mixes with antifreeze at 210 degrees
LOL:D

Did he even ask a question? Is he wondering why his oil and coolant are mixed? or why a copper core Rad breaks down internally after 100,000 miles? his post puzzles me, is it an announcement? [&:][8D]

SteveSkal 11-29-2006 09:07 PM

Ummmm you may want to check for a blown head gasket my friend LOL.

HACKGT350 11-29-2006 09:16 PM

ORIGINAL: SteveSkal

haha i was thinking the same thing...drain your oil and see if antifreeze comes out first

Twisted 11-29-2006 09:39 PM

ORIGINAL: HACKGT350

ORIGINAL: SteveSkal

haha i was thinking the same thing...drain your oil and see if antifreeze comes out first
When I open the petcock on my radiator, lime Kool-aid comes out. The first sip doesn't taste like Kool-aid, but after about a half hour of downing the stuff, it tastes like anything I imagine.

mattdel 11-29-2006 09:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Twisted

When I open the petcock on my radiator, lime Kool-aid comes out. The first sip doesn't taste like Kool-aid, but after about a half hour of downing the stuff, it tastes like anything I imagine.

[sm=funnypostabove.gif][sm=badidea.gif]

HACKGT350 11-29-2006 10:09 PM

haha yeah twisted thats a bad idea but one thing i have noticed is it kinda smells like the green icy pops

vt89gtvert 11-29-2006 10:21 PM

I had some on my hand one time and accidentally wipped something off my mouth, stuff tastes just like candy. I could see why animals drink the stuff.

7upedition 11-29-2006 10:24 PM

yea i've gotten some splatters of it in my mouth and it is sweet as candy, but isn't good for ya... lol