5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Please Help (Sorry for the cro

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 02:13 AM
PonyLuvr

Default Please Help (Sorry for the cro

***SORRY FOR THE CROSS POST, I WAS READING THROUGH THE OTHER POSTS TO SEE IF ANYONE ELSE WAS HAVING A SIMILAR PROBLEM BEFORE I REALIZED I POSTED IN THE WRONG SECTION***

I posted this on one of those "OTHER" forums, no one replied....I really need some input.

I am the proud and original owner of a 1988 Mustang LX 5.0 w/93,000 miles. I have been consistent with the upkeep and maintenance of this vehicle. Only major malfunctions I have had thus far is a clutch, waterpump and heater core replacement.

With that out of the way i'll move onto my problem.

I am having some serious bogging problems when cornering; to the point where my car will stall, I either have to drop down a gear and wait for the fuel to kick in or I have to pull over and give it a couple of cranks before it will fire back up.Also, the bizarre thing is it only happens when my gas tank is above 3/4. It is a serious safety issue...Especially when merging.

Here is what he(Mechanic) has done thus far:

He has replaced the Fuel pump, fuel filter and cleaned out the throttle body.He now thinks it may be a leak in one of the fuel injecotrs? Does that sound right? Because his guessing is starting to add-up and my patience is starting to wear thin.

Obviously I have no clue as to whether he has a clue about this problem.I'll admit he has never had a problem meeting my repair needs in the past and he is reasonably priced; I just find it hard to believe it takes 9 days to diagnose a fuel delivery problem am I wrong in assuming this?

My feelings are that if I can at least make a couple of passive yet informed suggestions, he will realize that I am starting to be weary of the situation and maybe, just maybe he will hede my uninformed yet soon to be educated advice.

Please give me a little direction.

Thank you in advance.
Old 03-12-2003, 09:45 AM
PonyLuvr

***ADDENDUM***

§§§ Also, the bizarre thing is it only happens when my gas tank is above 3/4. §§§

Should infact read.

Also, the bizarre thing is it only happens when my gas tank is below 3/4.

Old 03-13-2003, 01:11 AM
noslow50
I ♥ Acer

well if ya gone through all the other stuff ... hte injectors r prob the only thing left...