5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

question about my heat need answers fast plz

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 02:26 AM
Braydon619
3rd Gear Member

Default question about my heat need answers fast plz

my car has been a piece lately with this weather and it's been like 2 weeks and i finally got it to actually start for once. but for about a month it has had no heat at all until i start moving the car and a little amout of heat comes out which i would think is the heat from the engine. theres is no power or blowing coming out of the vents so i can't even start it to defrost the windows or anything. Now people are telling my its the altenator that is going and if i replace that i'll have heat. the car died yesterday after i tried to move it. i just let it run just now for about a half hour. i went out and there was no heat in the car AT ALL. so i put it in reverse and then drive and moved it back straight into my drive way. it never died this time but it doesn't sound to healthy. my question is, is having no heat and this stuff probably the altenator? if anyone could help or if theres something else you need to know that might help let me know plz. any help would be great.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:00 AM
Braydon619
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: question about my heat need answers fast plz

i just went outside again and turned it off. and tried to restart it again just to see what it would do and it just wouldn't start. then after i took the key out it sounded like it was still going and making a low wierd noise without the key in it [&:] this car is tripping me out lol... can all these things really be cause by the altenator?
Old 11-30-2006, 03:05 AM
frdmstng1986GT
5th Gear Member

you got to try and make a video and post it. it will help us to help you alot more.. also.. the heat thing sounds like it could be a blower motor.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:08 AM
aode08
5th Gear Member

get an ignition switch, the electrical part
Old 11-30-2006, 03:11 AM
BlueDemon
3rd Gear Member

I know your alternator has nothing to do with why your not getting heat. The first thing I would check is how much antifreeze you have in your radiator. If it's low that could cause you not to get any heat. But personally I'd be willing to bet it's your thermostat. If you have plenty of antifreeze I would check/replace your thermostat. Also is your blower motor working at all? If it's working turn the **** to high and you'll feel it coming out of the defrost at a high rate depending on what year car you have. I hope this helps a little

[IMG]local://upfiles/8760/8E87638F89A64D508E731F9C6C35FFE2.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-30-2006, 03:13 AM
84 Turbo stang
2nd Gear Member

it is your blower motor if it doenst blow at all. Your alternator has nothing to do with that. If you car stays running at an idle for half an hour your alt. is good. Your blower motor is under and behind the dash and it is a pain in the a$$. the little bit of heat coming from vents is good because your heater core is good.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:15 AM
84 Turbo stang
2nd Gear Member

your thermostat is good and heater core is good, from the description you gave me. When you turn the **** and it does nothing then your blower motor is bad.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:18 AM
Braydon619
3rd Gear Member

so i cannot start the car again now are you sure my alt is good? it's gotta be bad im sure because it starts if i boost it and it'll run, if i try to drive it it seems to die. and ok thanks on the alt part not being anything with my heat, my mom was b*tching me out trying to tell me thats what happened to 3 of her cars they started to lose heat first then the alt went on it.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:22 AM
84 Turbo stang
2nd Gear Member

mamas wrong. When your car dies, will it crank? and start back up? If so the alt isnt the prob with it running. If it is totally dead your alt is bad. but that wont stop the blower motor,
Old 11-30-2006, 03:26 AM
84 Turbo stang
2nd Gear Member

if the car runs fine until you turn it off,then its totally dead, then your voltage regulator is bad. but if it dies on its own, then is dead. its the alt.

Quick Reply: question about my heat need answers fast plz