5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Wire Hidding...

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 01:18 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Wire Hidding...

ORIGINAL: preciousroy

hey blue how did you hide you hood release cable cause i tried to run mine through the fender and it wouldnt reach
You have to disonnect it from the latch and than route it like this. Do youself a favor too and mark where your latch sits because its a pain to get the hood to shut correctly again if you dont.

Than run it all the way down...

Past the strut...

and into the hole in the bottom of the strut tower...

Than it loooks like this...
Old 11-30-2006, 01:30 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Actually, thats correct but I worded it wrong. Start from where it goes into the firewall, run it through the hole in the strut tower (as seen in the picture), down and around. I also zip tied it to a hole in the radiator support so it was tight. Than I ran it under some wiring and back up to the hood latch. Like I said before, just make sure you mark off where the top of your latch is w/ a marker (or pencil, etc. whatever) so you know where it sits so you dont have trouble latching your hood when you put it back on. It only took me like 10-15 to get it right again when I didnt mark it but thats 15 mintues more dedicated to your wiring lol

Also, if you are doing all of this make sure that you have some kind of cut off wheel or something because you are going to have to do some cutting on the passenger side. I cut the absolute smallest I could go and still fit the wires in...

Old 11-30-2006, 01:38 PM
blazinyellowbeast
2nd Gear Member

That looks good. Seems like alot of work too? Might be a good winter project!
Old 11-30-2006, 01:41 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Yea, its not that bad though. Alot of people say 1.5-3 hours per side. But Im at about 6-8 right now (with myself anf a friend) and Im still not finished and havent gotten the fenders, etc on yet. I say total of about 10-12 hours for a first timer. You will also need to extend some wires and some you have to really work with to get them to extend. Its definetly a project but looks good when its done. I also just got a battery relocator kit for the trunk so that will help and Im going to hopefully delete all my smog sh*t tonight too.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:20 PM
95 BLOWN GT
5th Gear Member

you are doing a good job bro.keep it up.and yeah your engine compartment was clean even before you started.[sm=smiley32.gif]
Old 11-30-2006, 11:51 PM
nmerrill
5th Gear Member

ok, first off, where is your coil mounted? Also, what all does this entail? Are you just taking the fenders off, moving the wires behind the fender, and lenghthening them where necessary? Im thinking about doing this while my motor is out
Old 12-01-2006, 12:22 AM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Yea thats pretty much it....

Old 12-01-2006, 12:24 AM
ooticamitica
4th Gear Member

wow that looks damned good, unless you know how to weld dont try that unless you practice a WHOLE lot.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:25 AM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

OK guys if anyone wants to help me it would be GREATLY appreciated!!! Heres the situation:

I am about to remove the charcoal canister. There are TWO lines running to it. One is a thin black line that runs through the fender and I know that can be cut anywhere just so the tank can vent. Now for the OTHER line. It runs into some kind of valve or something and than part of the harness is connected to this valve and it runs under the upper manifold. I have NO CLUE what this thing is and I dont want to take the canister off if im supposed to do something with this line thats comming off of it. Does anyone have any idea? Im stumped and I cant go any further into the my canister deleting project until I know what Im doing. Here is a picture of it: any ideas?

Old 12-01-2006, 12:32 AM
gt884me
2nd Gear Member

Very nice, how do you go about covering up the holes? You're talking about the tiny holes in the engine bay correct...

Quick Reply: Wire Hidding...