5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Trick flow high end kit gains???

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 10:00 PM
tmajikman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Trick flow high end kit gains???

Thanks again adder, btw that is one screen name I can not figure out.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:37 PM
chicogotgreen
1st Gear Member

Adder- just because you can get just as much horsepower just by doing all the supporting mods as someone who puts on a TFS kit doesnt really prove anything at all. The cobra engine has basicaly all the top end upgrades of the TFS kit, so its pretty logical that you could make the same amount of power. You have to remember that not everyone here has a cobra, some of us have to make up the difference by BUYING the difference between a cobra and a normal 5.0 AFTER we buy the car. That is basicaly what the kit is doing. And yes, you could go to a junkyard and pull and explorer engine and do all that, but that has some pretty big draw backs when you compare it to a TFS kit. While it may be cheaper, it will take way way way longer and it wont perform or look nearly as good.

Topic- High end? What does that mean? Neither the street heat or the track heat is a "higher end" kit than the other, theyre just based on different uses. While the track may have slightly more HP, it's power range is a good bit higher. It also is rated at 20 less ft/lb's of torque, but i have no idea what that translates to in an ACTUAL difference. If you meant top end kit and just said high end, my bad.

And bwebb, yah it would be stupid. Considering the track heat kit actualy has lower torque in general, as well as lower horsepower until about 4500-5000 rpm, you would probably have less power in general than with the street heat.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:55 PM
cgcgraded
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chicogotgreen

Adder- just because you can get just as much horsepower just by doing all the supporting mods as someone who puts on a TFS kit doesnt really prove anything at all. The cobra engine has basicaly all the top end upgrades of the TFS kit, so its pretty logical that you could make the same amount of power. You have to remember that not everyone here has a cobra, some of us have to make up the difference by BUYING the difference between a cobra and a normal 5.0 AFTER we buy the car. That is basicaly what the kit is doing. And yes, you could go to a junkyard and pull and explorer engine and do all that, but that has some pretty big draw backs when you compare it to a TFS kit. While it may be cheaper, it will take way way way longer and it wont perform or look nearly as good.

Topic- High end? What does that mean? Neither the street heat or the track heat is a "higher end" kit than the other, theyre just based on different uses. While the track may have slightly more HP, it's power range is a good bit higher. It also is rated at 20 less ft/lb's of torque, but i have no idea what that translates to in an ACTUAL difference. If you meant top end kit and just said high end, my bad.

And bwebb, yah it would be stupid. Considering the track heat kit actualy has lower torque in general, as well as lower horsepower until about 4500-5000 rpm, you would probably have less power in general than with the street heat.

Nice post....that was the point I was trying to make.
Old 12-10-2006, 02:12 AM
crazyhorse
3rd Gear Member

i have the tfs-kit on my 93 gt 5spd. & like it . if i were to do it over again i would do the same thing again. but every one has to do their own thing.