5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

interesting happenings

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 11:50 PM
speakerman86
2nd Gear Member

Default interesting happenings

As some of you may know, I joined ths forum about 9 months ago after I bought a 1989 lx from a junk yard for about $600. It didn't have an engin or transmission. I got an engine a little while later for around $200. The engine needed some work so I took it to the local engine shop and told them what I wanted done. The total came out to $1900 and one hell of an egine. After trying to save up the money wrking my dead end job, I decided to call them and tell them to sell it because I couldn't come up with the money. They told me someone had already come in and payed for it.

I automatically assumed the engine had been sold and hung up the phone. That was around 3 months ago. A couple weeks ago the company called me up and asked when I was going to pick it up. They explained that A person had walked in and paid cash for my engine with my name. They didn't even take a copy of the recipt. Here's a list of things done:

302 bored .060 over
Speed Pro Hypereutectic pistons w/coted skirts
Crank ground .010
Ford Racing B303 cam
Heads shaved
Bigger valves
custom valve springs to match cam
completely rebuilt with all new bearings, gaskets, plugs, oil pump
New lifters
New pushrods

I need to know what the stock specs are on the fuel pump for a 5.0 vs a pump for a 2.3?
Old 12-04-2006, 11:52 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

Default RE: interesting happenings

same
Old 12-04-2006, 11:56 PM
speakerman86
2nd Gear Member

what kind of hp do you have? I was estimated at 285. I'm going to start out with stock intake and stock headers with 2.5" offroad x-pipe
Old 12-04-2006, 11:58 PM
nmerrill
5th Gear Member

you have a secret admirer? WTF? i wish smething like that would happen to me; UPS man pulls up drops large box off from procharger, gets my sig and leaves(still dreaming....)
Old 12-05-2006, 12:00 AM
tmajikman
5th Gear Member

Did you ever find out who payed the bill for you?
Old 12-05-2006, 12:02 AM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: speakerman86

what kind of hp do you have? I was estimated at 285. I'm going to start out with stock intake and stock headers with 2.5" offroad x-pipe
i think you think i meant i had the same setup, i don't. i was answering your question. the pump is the same.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:08 AM
speakerman86
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for answering the question. No, I haven't found out who payed for the engine. I've talked to anyone in my family and friends who would have that kind of money to do that. What gets me is that it was payed off in september and I dindn't find out until recently. I'm glad to hear that the pumps are the same. I plan to upgrade the entire fuel delivery system soon, but I need to get the car on the road first. My damn mazda started blowing black smoke and hasn't been driveable since it started snowing here in oklahoma
Old 12-05-2006, 12:57 AM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: speakerman86

Thanks for answering the question. No, I haven't found out who payed for the engine. I've talked to anyone in my family and friends who would have that kind of money to do that. What gets me is that it was payed off in september and I dindn't find out until recently. I'm glad to hear that the pumps are the same. I plan to upgrade the entire fuel delivery system soon, but I need to get the car on the road first. My damn mazda started blowing black smoke and hasn't been driveable since it started snowing here in oklahoma
It's running rich.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:27 AM
Ninety5five0
5th Gear Member

Well that is just freakin awesome for you ! So i guess i'm gonna have a shop build a motor for me and just pray someone pays for it.....thats like dream land shyt, you are freakin lucky.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:32 AM
speakerman86
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, When I found out it was waiting for me I told them I would be there within the hour. I still have to do the final assembly, but the timing is done and everything else. That's what I love about Mustang fans. I've never heard anything like that from a chevy person, unless the engine was junk and they just wanted to get rid of it..........lol

Quick Reply: interesting happenings