5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

what is need for kb s/c

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 07:53 PM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

Default what is need for kb s/c

ok i have a 95 cobra mustang... its got the basics on it it... full exhuast(lt prochamber flows) underdrive pulleys i got a new belt and reroute so the smog is outta the loop... 76mm c&l maf and inlet pipe and ther huge air filter... also a 75mm bbk tb... it also has the 24lb injects and cobra ntake and gt-40 heads i think... those are stock of course

ok here are the questions
i was thinking of gettin the heads ported by thumber and getting the cam and that nice lil package deal he has and the find a place that ports lower intakes and throwing a 2.2kenne bell charger on it

1. would i get hte s/c that is setup got a gt-40 low or are the cobra and the gt-40 intakes to much different
2. does this set up seem logical for a kenne bell
3. how much boost could i run wiht the setup on stock internals
4. were do u think hp and tq numbers will be and what other mods would be need to run this setup im thinking about

p.s. suspension its already in the plans so i hope tracks wont be to big of and issue... unless i wish to brake the wheels loose

thanks for all the info guys and if u feel i have any thing messing the setup or im goin the wrong way plz ive you .02 an wanting opinions on this

oh yea... i was hoping to run a small shot of good old NX wet nitrous... would that be a smart thing to do or even possible with a setup like this... by small i mean no more than 100... and no i really dont wanna get forged internals becuz i planning on gettin a stroked block when i get outta college and swapping a lotta this setup over to if... i was think a dart 364... u know a bored stroke 302 but thats when i am making money lol[&:]
Old 12-06-2006, 09:28 PM
mnile9127
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: what is need for kb s/c

Eventually you'll need bigger injectors, pump, and 3.55 gears IMO.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:33 PM
FiveLiterRiceEater
5th Gear Member

if you're gonna run a blower with nitrious i'd think about forged internals. and i wouldnt run more than a 75shot with a blower. youre gonna need bigger injectors and a bigger fuel pump, and uhh..im not quite sure what you're asking about the intakes
Old 12-07-2006, 12:10 AM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

oh the intake question is was would does lower intake porting and polishing... does thumper do that too
Old 12-07-2006, 12:50 AM
redmustang83596
4th Gear Member

theres no point of getting forged internals, im pretty sure the stock ones are forged.. stock blocks will only handle up to 550ish horsepower, so i think youd be wasting your money on forged internals. I think it really depends on how much boost you want to run in order for you to run nitrous, id say go for it, but youll need much larger than 24# injectors in order to do any of that.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:45 AM
frdmstng1986GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: redmustang83596

theres no point of getting forged internals, im pretty sure the stock ones are forged.. stock blocks will only handle up to 550ish horsepower, so i think youd be wasting your money on forged internals. I think it really depends on how much boost you want to run in order for you to run nitrous, id say go for it, but youll need much larger than 24# injectors in order to do any of that.
after 92 the 5.0's had hyper pistons.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:49 AM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

well of cost ill need 42lber i assume and a 255 fuel pump but what else... like any other fuel mods needed... and i wasnt planing on gettin forged internals i figured i get then when i got a new block later down the road... i know my exhuast is up to par... and my CAI is a 76mm so i assume thats big enough... and hte tb is 75... with a ported lower cobra intake and gt-40 ported heads and a cam to go alone with it i would think i would be setup pretty good on all around flow... and hte s/c of course would help... but what kinda boost... i wont want nething drastic... keep in mind i want a small shot of nitrous... ill probably purge it more htan nething tho... but still and its on stock internals as well hell its a stock block too... i was thinking 9 lbs of boost... i belive they make a pulley for 9 rite?? so what do i need to make it work besides the h/c/i and injecters and a fuel pump???
Old 12-07-2006, 01:52 AM
blackstang2887
2nd Gear Member

oh the intake question is was would does lower intake porting and polishing... does thumper do that too
what???
Old 12-07-2006, 01:58 AM
93 LX FiveO
5th Gear Member

put the crack pipe down
Old 12-07-2006, 11:50 PM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

bump for more info

Quick Reply: what is need for kb s/c