5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

superchip shop near me, is it worth is

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 03:16 AM
flyinghigh2k8
2nd Gear Member

Default superchip shop near me, is it worth is

I just found out that there is a badass auto shop like 15 miles from me that specializes it mustangs, that pretty much all they work on. I checked it out today and there was mustangs every where, I love it. One of the main things they do there is chips and tunes. I talked to the guy and he said that he could make a chip for me, dyno it for me, and replace my cats, which is required by them and I only have two...for 450 bux. Right now basically all I have in CAI and full exhaust AND I just found out from the guys that owned my car before me that the guy that owned the car before him DID put some gears in the car. He said he thought it was 4 something. I don't know if that is correct because if I had something like 410's I think it would be a lil more obvious to me. Anyway, the guy said that if I did more upgrades to it later, no matter what I've done to it, I can come back there to get it retuned for 135 dollars. So what do yall think, good idea to get it done in the next few recent months and then when I get more mods just retune it again later?
Old 12-08-2006, 03:20 AM
nmerrill
5th Gear Member

Default RE: superchip shop near me, is it worth is

i would wait until you have more mods, i have a HCI swap and all supporting mods and still am waiting for boost or nitrous to get a tune. JMO though
Old 12-08-2006, 03:33 AM
Evil_F
3rd Gear Member

$450 with cats, isnt to steep, if he could promise significant HP gains. But I would do as many mods as you could before you took it to him. Like unrestrict the intake, maby larger throttle body or something. With new exhaust heads, his new high flow catcaonverters (should be atleast 2.5" high flows), and unrestricted intake. You should see some large gains in HP over stock after he tunes it. If you dont, then it is a rip.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:40 AM
flyinghigh2k8
2nd Gear Member

Nahhh I don't think it'll be a rip off....supposably these guys are like the **** when it comes to stangs, they have multiple ones that run 9's for show
Old 12-08-2006, 11:51 AM
sc94gt
3rd Gear Member

+2 on waiting for more mods first.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:27 PM
gspfunk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: flyinghigh2k8

I just found out that there is a badass auto shop like 15 miles from me that specializes it mustangs, that pretty much all they work on. I checked it out today and there was mustangs every where, I love it. One of the main things they do there is chips and tunes. I talked to the guy and he said that he could make a chip for me, dyno it for me, and replace my cats, which is required by them and I only have two...for 450 bux. Right now basically all I have in CAI and full exhaust AND I just found out from the guys that owned my car before me that the guy that owned the car before him DID put some gears in the car. He said he thought it was 4 something. I don't know if that is correct because if I had something like 410's I think it would be a lil more obvious to me. Anyway, the guy said that if I did more upgrades to it later, no matter what I've done to it, I can come back there to get it retuned for 135 dollars. So what do yall think, good idea to get it done in the next few recent months and then when I get more mods just retune it again later?
I agree on waiting for a few more mods:

Larger MAF & headers at least.

EDIT: It sounds like a good deal, pricewise, though.