5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

My Megasquirt and I....

Old 12-09-2006, 12:49 AM
CarJway
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: My Megasquirt and I....

Well Addr, I might be joining you with MegaSquirt. (Had some EEC problems last night...)Keep us posted...
Old 12-09-2006, 12:50 AM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

as of right now i have spent exactly $310
Wow, do you have a hook up or is that just how much you're going to pay if you peice it together yourself? How much is it preassembled?
Old 12-09-2006, 01:02 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: 92hatchLX

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

as of right now i have spent exactly $310
Wow, do you have a hook up or is that just how much you're going to pay if you peice it together yourself? How much is it preassembled?
Pre-assembled and tested the MS will run you $410 + shipping from DIYAutotune.com. thats about the best price out there...

I bought the kit for $250, bought the Megastim for $48 and shipping brought it close to $310. The only drawback to buying the kit is that it takes about a day to build it... and you better be DAMN good at soldering...

There are a few things you have to order as "extras" or "mods".. here is the list
MK-PWMIAC PCBv3 ModKit
1.0kΩ 1/4w 5% Carbon Resistor
100Ω 1/4w 5% Carbon Axial Resistor

These extra pieces are added in to retain the functionality of the stock IAC motor which uses pulse width modulation (PWM) to operate.
I am also setup right now with Scott from www.megaefi.com, He is sending me one of the 94-95 EEC Adapter Boards, and any modifications i have to make will be reported back to him for any changes that may need to be made to the board.. however, the 87-93 board is FULLY FUNCTIONAL. The adapter board will eliminated the need for you to cut and splice into your factory harness and will physically go in the location of your stock EEC-ECM and you would then rn a 37 pin wire from your adapter to the MS.

I STRONGLY recommend reading the Megamanual. As it can answer more questions than I can!
Old 12-09-2006, 01:03 AM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

adder what does that 310 included and how many hrs have you put in on this project.... im playin on gettin that kb like i said with ported gt-40 heads and nice cam and a ported cobra lower... do u think this mega squirt would complement this setup and how advance is the programing... is it a steep learning curve or is there a lot u can read up on... im very interest hell a completely ECU that u can controll wiht a lab top seems like a hell of a deal to me... i would drop 310 on it rite now if i now its what i want/need

and for a question i ask earlier on a differnce thread when i said im thot i would need a new intake when i get a kb i ment a new air intake thats why i dunno if it owuld be worth get a pro-m... or would i still use the pro -m... if u can give feedback on that as well... you seem to know whats goin on a u have a sn95 5.0 cobra just like myself and i actaully like oyu black better cuz ther rims u have on it are badass... i like my red tho too... be im tryin to learn as much as i can and u seem to know a lot so try and fill me in if u dont mind thanks
Old 12-09-2006, 01:28 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

https://mustangforums.com/m_2303951/tm.htm
https://mustangforums.com/m_2335039/tm.htm

im having a brain fart right now... i dont remember why i posted these links... but they go to other threads that i was involved in with regards to the megasquirt
Old 12-09-2006, 01:59 AM
SPE926
3rd Gear Member

which version of ms did you go with?
Old 12-09-2006, 02:01 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

MegaSquirt2 with a v3 PCB
Old 12-09-2006, 02:12 AM
Ninety5five0
5th Gear Member

I've beein waitin on you adder haha, glad to hear your on a smooth road with this megasquirt. I'm takin my car back to a garage here soon so its now sittin out in the snow. I'll have all winter to finish the tad bit that needs finished to make it run, then i'll need to get it tuned or ofcourse i'm gonna go the megasquirt route if all works out great, it seems alot more apealin to me. Lemme know how things go for you. And i'll be gettin ahold of you soon via aim. Good luck
Old 12-09-2006, 04:30 AM
redmustang83596
4th Gear Member

Hey ive been seriously considering this for months now, but when I first searched I could not find much info. I asked on here a while back and no one responded, so I figured no one knew about it. Now this adapter board and everything, looks like a plan for me, but I have a question for you. Are you controlling fuel and spark, or both? From the sounds of it, your using it as a complete standalone unit. I did some reading on this puppy and they said there are a whole bunch of constraints and parameters that would take an *** load of time on a dyno, specifically controlling the spark. Are you downloading any already loaded tunes online? I also have questions about that adapter if you know more about it let me know, the website is kind of confusing me a little bit and clearification would be great. Thanks.
Old 12-09-2006, 12:13 PM
stanglx2002
6th Gear Member

Yeah I would like to know more about this too. I plan on redoing my car as a street beast. A Twin Turbo w/ the holley systemax 2 kit on a Dart block and all the goodies to support it, so I think I will be needing something to handle this and I want something I can control myself

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My Megasquirt and I....