5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

its alive!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 01:54 PM
ErikSTANG
2nd Gear Member

Default its alive!

a few days ago i posted a picture ofmy 95GT with new rubber and rims, in the post i told you all i was installing my KB on top of my 347. Today was the day of reckoning. We got to turn her over finally and all i can say is im impressed. The whine of the SC ontop of my exhaust set up(BBK longtubes-classes x pipe-slp IIs) it sounds amazing. No dyno yet but we ran it against my fathers 427 on a street near my house(street racing iknow it bad but it was deserted) and he had nothing to say. Launching at 3k rpms, I took his 88GT all the way. From a dig, he was toast, a 20 roll, toast, a 55mph toast. Just giving you a progess update! Ill soon have it dynoed for real #s, but the 427 was running 11.1 on bad tires at the track! im soo excited!. Ill have pictures, video of the race from the dig, and a niicee little burnout video up soon, hopefully before this evening comes to an end. (Yes the burnout was in a church parking lot sorry for anyone affended in advance.)
Old 12-10-2006, 01:58 PM
r.barn
6th Gear Member

Default RE: its alive!

How much boost on the KB?

whats your engines compression ratio?

blowzilla with the Flowzilla upgrade?
Old 12-10-2006, 02:01 PM
ROTTITANK
3rd Gear Member

Im sure the lord loved every bit of it. Because hes a ford guy..lol
Old 12-10-2006, 02:07 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Pics? I wouldn't be running that thing ballz out until you've had a tune. All that work could end up being for nothing. JMO!!!
Old 12-10-2006, 02:10 PM
ErikSTANG
2nd Gear Member

its at 8psi, nothing monsterous. 9:1 and it is the Blowzilla 2200, with Flowzilla inlet w/ bypass
Old 12-10-2006, 02:13 PM
ErikSTANG
2nd Gear Member

well i did use the tuner that i bought along with the KB, but no im not running it ***** to the wall. at 8psi on a completly forged engine i didnt think a few fun runs would hurt. I'm taking it to AR Fabrication in Winchester Va tuesday to get a better "rough" tune till i can find myself someone that has alot of experience that i can trust to put me into a great tune.
Old 12-10-2006, 02:13 PM
r.barn
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ErikSTANG

its at 8psi, nothing monsterous. 9:1 and it is the Blowzilla 2200, with Flowzilla inlet w/ bypass

Nice, I'm leaning real hard to a KB with 8-10psi and water/meth injection on my set-up.

How long it take to come in from KB, from time of order and payment?

Love to see that vid........................
Old 12-10-2006, 02:15 PM
ErikSTANG
2nd Gear Member

Well i think Kenne Bell estimastes like a month? I got mine from the local paper, someone bought the whole set up never opened the box(still had orginal type on it when i picked it up).
Old 12-10-2006, 02:17 PM
ErikSTANG
2nd Gear Member

We recorded the video but im not the greatest at this computer stuff, so i'm waiting on my kid sister to drop by and show me how to get it online Only part i am disappointed in is i bought an "off brand" suspension that was recommended to me locally, now i need to rethink all of that because it "could" hook better and WILL eventually.
Old 12-10-2006, 02:19 PM
ErikSTANG
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PRO50SC

Pics? I wouldn't be running that thing ballz out until you've had a tune. All that work could end up being for nothing. JMO!!!

Pro, ill see you next season at Masion Dixon, tuned and ready to run !

Quick Reply: its alive!