5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Flowtech shortie headers

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2004, 05:24 AM
90LX50
2nd Gear Member

Default Flowtech shortie headers

These things are supposed to bolt right up to the stock down pipes...BULL$HIT!!!! I spent just about the whole day putting these things in,(most of this time was getting the old $hit off of the car) and went to bolt up the downpipes and they won't line up.

What a bunch of advertising bull$hit, now on Monday I'll have to drive it to a shop and have them modify the down pipes so they can be bolted up to the headers.

Oh Well, I guess i can bolt up my new rotors and pads tomorrow and wish that I could actually drive it around[:'(]
Old 09-12-2004, 10:34 AM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Flowtech shortie headers

I think you found out why thier the low cost header. I'm sure with what you spent at the shop a nice set would had been cheaper.. we all have done it once
Old 09-12-2004, 01:26 PM
roundman
5th Gear Member

Damn vfast, nothing like rubbing salt in his wounds!!
And yes we've all been there, done that at least once or twice as we learned the hard way you get what you pay for!
Old 09-12-2004, 06:48 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

*L*..it's all in the research of parts baby!
Old 09-12-2004, 07:18 PM
Stinger
4th Gear Member

lol[8D]
Old 09-12-2004, 10:42 PM
90LX50
2nd Gear Member

Thanks Roundman, BTW how'd you do this weekend at Dinwiddie?

I got the downpipes hooked up today, my friend who was helping me was the culprit, he pushed them back and didn't tell me, Once i figured this out everything went together like it was supposed to.

The car runs stronger, but one thing bugs me, the drivers side header is rubbing on the frame at the motor mount. Is there anyway to fix this, or would i just be better off to get a more expensive set of headers and replace these?

Tommy
Old 09-13-2004, 02:09 PM
roundman
5th Gear Member

I actually did the best I have done all year this past Saturday at Dinwiddie, made it to the 5th round with only 7 cars left and then got treed by a '69 Camaro who dialed a 10.31 and had a .011 lite to my .055 and I broke out with a 13.660 on a 13.70 dial in. Even if I had run right on the dial, I wouldn't have been first to the line anyway. Didn't really make any points because I lost first round and had to buy back, but I did make some money for a change. And then for some unknown reason my left rear slick went flat on the return road and was completely flat when I got to the timeslip booth! In hindsight, I'm kinda glad I didn't win because the flat slick would have really pissed me off then as I had no spare!
You probably can get underneath your car and make a small dent in the header pipe to get it up off the motor mount, I had to do the same thing with my MAC headers but they were hitting the steering shaft. BTW, if you put in a set of Moroso solid metal motor mounts this will pick up the engine about 1/2 inch and probably give you the header clearance you need also.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:18 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

his denist will love him for it with his teeth chatting at stoplight..and by the way I like salt on fresh meat
Old 09-13-2004, 09:03 PM
90LX50
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: vfast

his denist will love him for it with his teeth chatting at stoplight..and by the way I like salt on fresh meat
LOL, thanks i can feel the burn as i type. You know, with all the people on here i see from Richmond, you'd think someone would offer to help a fellow mustang owner out ***Hint hint***
Old 09-14-2004, 12:24 AM
roundman
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 90LX50

ORIGINAL: vfast

LOL, thanks i can feel the burn as i type. You know, with all the people on here i see from Richmond, you'd think someone would offer to help a fellow mustang owner out ***Hint hint***
so what you want us to do, come over and install the s**t for you or something??? LOL

Quick Reply: Flowtech shortie headers