5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Im the luckiest guy in the world.

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 04:51 PM
94gtcoupe
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Im the luckiest guy in the world.

i agree with that guy.. telling the truth will get you out of more trouble than anything else will
Old 12-21-2006, 05:42 PM
drewguere
1st Gear Member

Ive been pulled over 9 times...never even gotten a written warning, all verbal

1. 54 in a 35. I was driving my jeep, which has no front plate, tires stick out too far, no mudflaps, no fender flares, and I didn't have my license on me, and they couldn't find it in the computer. (Its Andrew, not Drew, I later found out) They let me off with a verbal because one of my buddies was interning with the cop and was in the car.

2. "Careless Negligence" I was in the high school parking lot waiting for a spot to park, and some of my buddies were playing football in the parking lot, and they started jumping on my rear bumper (I never moved) A cop was behind me and yelled for them to stop. When I parked he blocked me in and told me that what just happened was careless negligence because I was in control of the vehicle or whatever, and he also told me to get a front plate.

3. We were going to Wendys after a hockey game, and to get there you have to go through a small maze around some medians. Im in my lifted jeep, so I just drive straight over the medians. Apparently there was a cop following me. Pulled me over because he thought I was drunk, I had to get out and do some **** for him, then he sent me on my way.

4. Burning Out. Theres a guy that lives on a sharp corned, on a steep hill, and he has a fit whenever people speed by. He threw a rock through my friends windshield for squeeking the tires there. So I came around the corner with my jeep, tires MIGHT have been spiining a little. He was in his front yard, he jumped in his truck and chased me. There was a cop in the chool parking lot and the guy told him, and he came and wrote me up. I originally got a ticket, but I went to a meeting with the cop and he ripped it up.

5. 55 in a 35. I got pulled over on my way to school one day doing 20 over. I told the cop that my speedo was off because of the bigger tires (which isn't a lie) and he started talking to me about how his speedo was off when he changed something on his motorcycle, then we shot the **** about my jeep and stuff, and he let me off on the speeding, but had to give me a ticket for not having my license on me, cause it was the second time he pulled me over without it. (He was the one who got me for "careless negligence") but he told me if I took it to court, and brought my license, he would dismiss it, which I did. (and I now carrry my license)

6. Driving "Irradically." I was driving my friend's F150 and we were going to the rope swing. We were messing around the way there, cause there were cones and ****, and we were swerving and whatnot. We got to the ropeswing and pulled a donut in the dirt near it. About 10 minutes later 2 state cops show up and start examining the truck, and ask to see whoever owned it. My friend went over and talked to them for a few minutes, then they called me over because I was driving. They asked me if I had been driving irradically, and I denied it. They asked if I had been drinking, and I said no, and I hadn't been. They asked us how the water was at the swing, then let us off.

7. We were driving around in the same F150 some other day, and the alternator went out. We sat in the middle of the road (1 AM, about a mile from my house) for a few hours just messing around, and when our cell phones ran out of battery because we were calling our friends messing around, we decided to push the thing. We got pretty far, and all of a sudden blue lights behind us. 2 cops showed up, and were telling us we couldn't push it and we had to call a wrecker. We told im we couldn't afford a wrecker. I asked if one of them would give me a ride home and let me pull it with my jeep. They agreed (thats illegal too) and we did that.

8. "Assault." We were cruising along in my jeep one time, and there was a bottle rolling around, and so my friend too it, and threw it out the window. He threw it at some people riding their bikes on the other side of the road. He threw it from the passenger window across the hood, over a lane of traffic and hit the persons bike. There was a funeral for a cop going on about 1/2 mile up the road, so there was cops everywhere. Whoever was behind us told one of them and he came after us. We turned into the school parking lot (not knowing he was following us) and went through a "do not enter" zone as a shortcut, because we had layed rubber in the parking lot the night before and we wanted to come see it. He thought we were trying to lose him. He hit the sirens and we stopped. We had to get out of the vehicle. He searched all of us, and my 2 buddies had knives, he searched the jeep, and I had about 20 locks that we steal off lockers at school, and he asked me about them, I told them they weren't mine haha. My friend had to sit in the cop car for a while, and was told that he might be charged with assault. I would be charged with like accesory to it, as well as the do not enter zone violation. Nothing ever happened with that.

9. Driving Big Blue. My mom had a mini van when we were little, and she got a new car, and we kept it as a spare car. We were about ready to get rid of it, so My buddy and I were gonna enter it in a mud bog. We pimped it all out, custom paint, stickers, no exhaust, no doors...it was sweet. We made the mistake of driving it on the road, and we got a complaint of us laying ribber. The cop showed up and asked us what was going on. We were lucky he didn't ask for insurance because my parents took it off. He ran the registration and stuff, then asked us what the hell we were doing with the van. We told him we were going to bring it to the Canaan Mud Bog, and he just smiled. He told us that we shoulkd just drive it home and not take it out again, we were lucky that he thought it was cool because we could get in some DEEP **** for that thing.

Old 12-21-2006, 05:55 PM
7upedition
5th Gear Member

These are all great campfire stories but this is a TECH SECTION! All this is OFF TOPIC! Thank You
Old 12-22-2006, 12:32 AM
wheelierider816

what a dick!
Old 12-22-2006, 12:39 AM
jrt1990
3rd Gear Member

Whos the dick??
Old 12-22-2006, 12:42 AM
wheelierider816

7 up edition had to get all pissy i like those stories
Old 12-22-2006, 01:17 AM
jrt1990
3rd Gear Member

Lol so did I, I read the whole thing.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:35 AM
94StinkinLincoln
5th Gear Member

yeah i read it all too LOL
Old 12-22-2006, 02:37 AM
Li0nHart
3rd Gear Member

...20 years ago when I was in high school I had a really close friend. I grew up with her since about grade 2. She never really liked cars much but she did enjoy pretty much everything else I did or talked about..or at least she pretended as to not make me feel bad. I remeber she would always try and get me to set her up on dates with some of my guy friends..she would do the same for me with her girl friends. we used to joke about all of the losers we ended up dating etc. we never actually dated but we were none the less very close.

anyway...one day she was walking home from a house party with a couple of her girlffiends when this A-hole that she never really liked anyway was trying to show off to her in his suped up nova. The guy was also drinking. He went flying down the road and attempted to do a 180 degree spin while traveling extremly fast. He lost control of his car , flipped it up onto the sidewalk and struck her. Both he and his passenger wre ejected from the car. Eventhough the maggots were not wearing seatbelts, the occupants of the car were not seriously injured. I think the passenger had a broken elbow. She died 10 days later in hospital.

The guy that hit her never even served any time. He is now a succesful business owner.

Occaisonaly, whenever my wife and I are back in the town we grew up in, we stop by and visit her.

Her name was Charlotte, she was 16...
Old 12-22-2006, 03:28 AM
89Ford
4th Gear Member

well thanks for the sad story really put a damper on the mood of this forum.....Im sure the ******* that hit her does feel guilty and has to live with that for the rest of his life

Quick Reply: Im the luckiest guy in the world.