5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Pics of my new ride!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 07:24 PM
88blk5.0
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Pics of my new ride!!

ORIGINAL: Mowin8603

hey thanks guys!

88blk5.0 how difficult was it to get the stripe off? and how did you do it?
Well its complicated esp in cold weather. I used a heat gun and a razor(to pry up corners to peel). Basically if you heat up a spot, pry the corner up with the razor and peel, the stripe should come right off (if its the right temperature). There are two types of stripes: the orig one where its actually a thick flexible peice of plastic thats actually attached to the moldings on the corners and cheap flimsy aftermarket crap (this stuff always breaks when your trying to peel it). My car had both types of "stripe" lol so it was quite difficult. Its not that hard once you get into it just time consuming. Its worth the effort imo.

ps. The red stripe doesnt look bad, its just i find that the "red" is actually a orange red... not fire engine red. Its like how the "red and black" interior is actually red and grey.. silly ford

pps. If you want to see what it looks like without the stripe then photoshop it... its what i did in order to decide

Good luck tho!
Old 12-22-2006, 09:05 PM
Mowin8603
3rd Gear Member

hey thanks guys for all your input!! im real happy with the car!

ORIGINAL: ih8chevy

car looks great man
quick question what springfield there is one in every state, and what are the mods if any
im in Springfield, IL.
the car has the intake silencer removed, K$N drop in filter, MARCH underdrive pulleys, flowmaster cat back, and FRPP plug wires. i think thats it.. but ya pretty much stock, but itll have full exhaust by next month . but i tell you what it sure is a fun car to drive even stock!! i love it!

ORIGINAL: BlackLX

It looks good. The first thing I would look into is swapping over to black interior though.
you know i have thought about that, havnt really priced much out yet but the interior is so damn clean its growing on me and i just cant make myself tear it out its so nice. but i have also thought about switching to power windows/locks but prolly wont do that either just because i wanna spend money on other stuff lol.

ORIGINAL: PJB

Leave the red stripe. If you can get it off its gonna look like *** because the black under it will be a different shade due to the rest of the car fading over time.
ya i thought it would be, but what im going to do is just try it on one of the smaller peices and just see how much of a difference it is. but i have a lot of friends that work at or own body shops here locally so i should be able to get it taken care of.

ORIGINAL: deanzawistowski

nice car man, the red stripe dosent look that bad, i wouldnt be to worried about it, becareful with that goo gone stuff and your paint though.
I like the wing on the back. Looks clean too, good price. Does it have 104xxx miles on it? anything been done to it yet?
ya the wing is stock, but itll be gone as soon as i get a cobra wing lol. it does have 104,000 miles

ORIGINAL: 88blk5.0

Well its complicated esp in cold weather. I used a heat gun and a razor(to pry up corners to peel). Basically if you heat up a spot, pry the corner up with the razor and peel, the stripe should come right off (if its the right temperature). There are two types of stripes: the orig one where its actually a thick flexible peice of plastic thats actually attached to the moldings on the corners and cheap flimsy aftermarket crap (this stuff always breaks when your trying to peel it). My car had both types of "stripe" lol so it was quite difficult. Its not that hard once you get into it just time consuming. Its worth the effort imo.

ps. The red stripe doesnt look bad, its just i find that the "red" is actually a orange red... not fire engine red. Its like how the "red and black" interior is actually red and grey.. silly ford

pps. If you want to see what it looks like without the stripe then photoshop it... its what i did in order to decide

Good luck tho!
ya i kinda thought that it would be a little harder because of the cold. but my stripe is actually a really thin like vinal i assuming thats stuck on there with some type of adhesion (sp?). so hopefully i can take care of it.

Thanks again guys on the comments!

oh i kinda racing a buddy of mine with an 88' GT auto thats got 4.10's, full exhaust, and a bad *** tranny and i held right with him cant wait to get my exhaust!!
Old 12-22-2006, 11:37 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Looks really nice!! Congrats!!!
Old 12-22-2006, 11:58 PM
bakedog
1st Gear Member

check to see if you have a t-stat mine would not come up at all and when i checked it was not there, so i put one in and i found out why it was out in the first place. it would over heat, blown head gasket, never had any other signs nothing in the exaust or the oil but the exaust was leakin into the coolant and over pressurizing then out the overflow it would go. if its not that replace the sending unit
Old 12-23-2006, 12:22 AM
philthy89fifty
4th Gear Member

good luck trying to get the sticker off the door moldings. it's impossible. the rubber and sticker become one over time i had to paint over mine. (when i still had the two tone)