5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Do People actually Do This?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 03:39 AM
vt89gtvert
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Do People actually Do This?

ORIGINAL: CrazyCobraSpeed

yea a lotta ppl do it... no manufactor makes the perfectly... c6 Z06 include for all of those that think it is perfect.... no car is perfect... it can always look better sound better handle better be faster be strong...etc etc.... its never good enough... why do u think every1 mods... and eninge is an engine... more cubes more power... better material its made out of more hp it can handle.. thats all that really matters... plus some ppl like different things.. altho a convertion like this is no long different... basically... nothing is every perfect... at least as far as cars go... if there were a perfect car every1 in the world would want that car...
Since I have always said "there is no replacement for displacement" I would agree for the most part. But a 302 is simply a better motor then a 305. Leaving the ford chevy differences at the door. It is just better.
Old 12-24-2006, 03:42 AM
stocksuspension
2nd Gear Member

yea but it will never compare to the dz302
ORIGINAL: vt89gtvert

yea a lotta ppl do it... no manufactor makes the perfectly... c6 Z06 include for all of those that think it is perfect.... no car is perfect... it can always look better sound better handle better be faster be strong...etc etc.... its never good enough... why do u think every1 mods... and eninge is an engine... more cubes more power... better material its made out of more hp it can handle.. thats all that really matters... plus some ppl like different things.. altho a convertion like this is no long different... basically... nothing is every perfect... at least as far as cars go... if there were a perfect car every1 in the world would want that car...
Since I have always said "there is no replacement for displacement" I would agree for the most part. But a 302 is simply a better motor then a 305. Leaving the ford chevy differences at the door. It is just better.
Old 12-24-2006, 03:48 AM
ModularFox
Banned

im putting a small block chevy in my white 85 drag car.

scandalous racings fastest mustang (EZMONEY's car) has a sbc in it that yanks the tires on the street.
Old 12-24-2006, 03:56 AM
vt89gtvert
4th Gear Member

Is that the Z28 motor they ran in the 69? If so tha thing was a beast. Do you know why they never did anything else with it?

ORIGINAL: stocksuspension

Old 12-24-2006, 04:03 AM
stocksuspension
2nd Gear Member

then came the L88s and the rest of the big blocks
Old 12-24-2006, 04:17 AM
89Ford
4th Gear Member

theres one exception however...its the DeLorean everyone wants one of those, but theres just not enough to go around... did you know they dont rust? And with the a flux capacitor they can travel thru time...personally I want the one with the hover conversion
Old 01-23-2007, 01:13 PM
iammrmagoo8

I just wanted to say thank you to you guys. For the first time I've seen an open-minded conversation on the topic. We're in the final stages of body work for our conversion and I gotta say it's great to see that there are people who still understand what hot rodding started as: Have car - Have Motor - PutMotor in Car- Go Fast & Have fun.

Here's alink to the project for those that might want to check it out:
http://www.350monstang.com

Thanks again for not turning it into a bash fest!
Old 01-23-2007, 01:54 PM
ih8chevy
5th Gear Member

poor mans supercar, give mea shelby gt500 and a 100 dollar pulley kit i will change that

who really cares... im a chevy guy..... we use fords 9 inch, chryslers lifters, and 4x4 shocks.. theres no such thing as a perfect car!!!! except the c6 z06
Old 01-23-2007, 01:59 PM
ih8chevy
5th Gear Member

i guess people are tired of hearing my input b/c of my friggin sn on mf, but i will say this, to u people who say "stay open minded, with the motor, a motor is a motor" etc if i were ever to put a bbf in a chevy i would be outcast from the motor world. Personally my dream is put a boss 429 in a 69 chevelle, they are beautiful cars but have no power hehe, and when i do this years down the line i know i will get so much **** b/c its a ford motor in a chevy car. U shouldnt cross bread its an insult, there is a reason that its chevy and ford and they are not one big company. i think some people do it strictly cause its cheap, not b/c chevy makes a better motor, they dont, but b/c building a ford is 2 times as expensive. but some people jsut do it to be a dick, and to those people i say f*ck u, so for now i am done speaking about this topic cause i have said all i want to say
Old 01-23-2007, 02:01 PM
ih8chevy
5th Gear Member

yea thats the original z28 motor,

b/c they were only hittin low 14's and it was so expensive to make, chevy decided to go with their inexpensive 350 for the next years

Is that the Z28 motor they ran in the 69? If so tha thing was a beast. Do you know why they never did anything else with it?

Quick Reply: Do People actually Do This?