5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Word on the Street is..

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 11:20 PM
stocksuspension
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Word on the Street is..

the reason there shutting down is cuz a bunch of dealers nation wide are getting audited for lying about how many hours are flagged... 3 ford dealers shut down here where i live and we got audited but to strong to be shut down
ORIGINAL: motorman524

no this is actually from ford. the jeep lincoln mercury dealership that he works at is shuttin down. they didn't under or anything, it is a small place and jeep wants them to upgrade. they sold that division to a chrylser dealer in town and he is moving everyone that works ther over to his giant ford dealership in jefferson city. merc goin down the tube was a big factor in their decision.
Old 12-27-2006, 11:27 PM
tuff5liter
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Li0nHart

the word on the street is that ford is goin to quit making the mercury brand next year.
according ot all the financial news i been reading/hearing...toyota is going to be getting rid of ford, gmc and chrysler.
I work at a dealership its a dodge/jeep/chrysler. How do you expect toyota to get rid of them if they dont own them? Like put them out of business? I dont think that would happen. Afterall there are enough dodge diesels on the road to keep dodge busy. Not to mention the 1500s, 2500s, etc etc. I like working for dodge because they keep us busy in the winter time with recalls and warranty (and yes the warranty pays well). Know of anywhere else i could flag 54 hours the week before christmas?? There is just so much more going around with mopar.....we all saw the SRT division explode with the SRT4 (neon version), that brought everything back for dodge. And now look at the new SRT4 a caliber with 300hp from the factory? thats right beside a new mustang...AND the caliber has a 6 speed transmission. I personally cant wait until they come out so all the ricers can motivate me to get a new shortblock and some kind of boost... I wouldnt drive rice (i know technically its dodge, but face it its not the new challenger) What is ford going to do to compete with a 392, 6.1L Hemi? Thats my biggest question. if they want to ditch mercury so they can focus on what made Ford FORD then by all means DO IT. Just slap a ford emblem on the Maurader, and call it a torino or something clever like that...who cares.
Old 12-27-2006, 11:37 PM
PJB
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mattdel

ORIGINAL: PJB

Mercury would be the easiest to kill off since they dont have any of their own vehicles.

Lincoln seems to be staying around and theyre actually coming out with new models.

Ford can profit from cutting out a division like GM did with Oldsmobile but not like Chrysler did with Plymouth. All the Olds cars were done and gone but all the Plymouth cars just got rebadged as Chryslers. Really GM shouldve gotten rid of GMC because theyre just rebadged Chevy's anyway.
uhh.. not really. GMC's come with interiors that you can't get with chevy's, and they're frames are actually(unadvertised) stronger
The frames are identical. The trucks are even built on the same assembly line. Different grilles, emblems, wheels and interiors dont really make them a different truck. Its more like a trim level change.
Old 12-27-2006, 11:48 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

the caliber is fugly! and the f150 is king they sell what is it 107 f150 an hours 24hrs a day 365 days a year its the best selling vehuicle in the whole world and its only sold in north america.

the average millionaire drives a f150 they do it rom an investment stand point for one reason because the
f-series truck holds its value the best
Old 12-27-2006, 11:51 PM
tuff5liter
2nd Gear Member

i never said the caliber ISNT fugly, i totally agree with that....but 300 hp? that ridiculous. And the f150 isnt only sold in north america....ever saw a ford LOBO? same thing different badge.
Old 12-27-2006, 11:52 PM
tuff5liter
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rmodel65

the caliber is fugly! and the f150 is king they sell what is it 107 f150 an hours 24hrs a day 365 days a year its the best selling vehuicle in the whole world and its only sold in north america.

the average millionaire drives a f150 they do it rom an investment stand point for one reason because the
as much as i like ford ive never saw a f150 on cribs.....lol jk

(but really i havent)
Old 12-27-2006, 11:59 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

ORIGINAL: tuff5liter

as much as i like ford ive never saw a f150 on cribs.....lol jk

(but really i havent)

true but most of the people on cribs are trying to be flashy and lots of them dont have money! esp rappers etc they are just trying to front and stunt[8D] granted they have a big house but for most of them it will not last long
BlackLX
4th Gear Member

Awesome.
PJB
5th Gear Member

Around here the Dodge trucks are the most expensive used domestic trucks and then the GM trucks and then the Fords.
For all trucks Toyota's have the best resale.
Old 12-28-2006, 12:06 AM
motorman524
MF Informant

ORIGINAL: stocksuspension

the reason there shutting down is cuz a bunch of dealers nation wide are getting audited for lying about how many hours are flagged... 3 ford dealers shut down here where i live and we got audited but to strong to be shut down

no this is actually from ford. the jeep lincoln mercury dealership that he works at is shuttin down. they didn't under or anything, it is a small place and jeep wants them to upgrade. they sold that division to a chrylser dealer in town and he is moving everyone that works ther over to his giant ford dealership in jefferson city. merc goin down the tube was a big factor in their decision.
no, there pretty by the book, the main reason is because of the jeep thing. they just keep pushing them go make a bigger dealership. they arent shutting down anything else.

Quick Reply: Word on the Street is..