5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Just got it running....again (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 01:36 AM
FuzzyDiceRule
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Just got it running....again (pics)

OMFG, Deja Vu.....

one of my brothers friends is HUGE into 5.0's, he has 2 fairmonts with 5.0's in them, one is called the musmont, it actually has half a mustang emblem and half a fairmont emblem, better yet, itas a STATION WAGON!!!!1!! he says that when he pulls up to ricers at stoplights, he revs it to like 1000 rpms so they cant hear the flows, and then when the light changes, he pops the clutch and takes off and the other guy just stalls... ill see if a can get a link to some pics.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:38 AM
Gtdaniel
2nd Gear Member

a lincoln locker is where you weld up your spider gear inside the rear end.your wheals will be locked at all times.but you have to do it right the first time. I welded my rear end on my camaro,and been street driving it for almost two years now and drag racing it, with no problem.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:39 AM
Gtdaniel
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FuzzyDiceRule

OMFG, Deja Vu.....

one of my brothers friends is HUGE into 5.0's, he has 2 fairmonts with 5.0's in them, one is called the musmont, it actually has half a mustang emblem and half a fairmont emblem, better yet, itas a STATION WAGON!!!!1!! he says that when he pulls up to ricers at stoplights, he revs it to like 1000 rpms so they cant hear the flows, and then when the light changes, he pops the clutch and takes off and the other guy just stalls... ill see if a can get a link to some pics.
he has a 5 speed in it,thats sick as hell.get some pics.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:39 AM
FuzzyDiceRule
5th Gear Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kostkafex/tags/musmont/

there it is, did i mention it adds to the sleeperish look by being like 5 different colors =D
Old 12-30-2006, 01:42 AM
FuzzyDiceRule
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Gtdaniel

ORIGINAL: FuzzyDiceRule

OMFG, Deja Vu.....

he has a 5 speed in it,thats sick as hell.get some pics.
he has 2, one is a 5spd, the other is an auto, the 5spd is the musmont =D
Old 12-30-2006, 01:42 AM
Gtdaniel
2nd Gear Member

LOL that thing is one hell of a sleeper.that should get the sleeper of the year award.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:43 AM
FuzzyDiceRule
5th Gear Member

heres the profile, did i say hes big into 5.0s?
Old 12-30-2006, 01:43 AM
82_4Door

I've scoured the web for pix. Post some links if you find them. There are some pretty nice ones out there. There's even a feature in this month's Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords of the same swap.
I'm actually looking at this rear end. It's close enough that I could pick it up, and it's a direct fit. What do you think it's worth? No brakes, and the guy hasn't had a bid yet.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...;rd=1&rd=1
Old 12-30-2006, 01:46 AM
Gtdaniel
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 82_4Door

I've scoured the web for pix. Post some links if you find them. There are some pretty nice ones out there. There's even a feature in this month's Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords of the same swap.
I'm actually looking at this rear end. It's close enough that I could pick it up, and it's a direct fit. What do you think it's worth? No brakes, and the guy hasn't had a bid yet.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...;rd=1&rd=1
good find I would go for it.and put 4.10's in it.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:24 AM
82_4Door

I just looked at the Mustmont pics. Looks like someone I could relate to. If only he wasn't a Cubs fan. I'm from Chicago, but I pull for the southside.

Quick Reply: Just got it running....again (pics)