5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

My car was in Hong Kong!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 02:43 AM
LCBlackDep183
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: My car was in Hong Kong!

my carfax has no history before 2001 and HAD a salvage title... I think its completley wrong or was completley reconstructed... HOWEVER when i transfered the title from PA to MD they accidentally gave me a NEW not Salvaged/Rebuilt title! Happy Panda
Old 12-31-2006, 02:47 AM
ooticamitica
4th Gear Member

i know my cars history, my garage and sunday drive until i started to drive it :-D as for twisteds car bein a hong kong killer thats pretty cool.
Old 12-31-2006, 03:09 AM
vt89gtvert
4th Gear Member

I know where my stang has been it's entire life. I am the second owner of the car and know the phone number, address, and SS number of the previous owner (My mom). I know the milage, and I was the person who wrecked it. If someone wants to run it i am willing just to see how off it is.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:27 PM
ooticamitica
4th Gear Member

ironic 2 people with red 89 gt verts that parents ownd it from day 1!
Old 12-31-2006, 04:31 PM
88droptopgt
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Twisted

A forum member was good enough to run a carfax for me. I found out that I'm the third owner of the car, that the odometer reading is probably not correct, and that THE CAR WAS IN HONG KONG FOR 8 YEARS!! LOL. WTF? I knew I detected a hint of foreign accent in its exhaust note. At any rate, does anyone know how I may be able to get vehicle history on my car from Hong Kong? I doubt it's possible, but just thought I'd ask. Thanks.
Maybe it was in Tokyo Drift but was cut from the movie?
Old 12-31-2006, 04:37 PM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 88droptopgt

ORIGINAL: Twisted

A forum member was good enough to run a carfax for me. I found out that I'm the third owner of the car, that the odometer reading is probably not correct, and that THE CAR WAS IN HONG KONG FOR 8 YEARS!! LOL. WTF? I knew I detected a hint of foreign accent in its exhaust note. At any rate, does anyone know how I may be able to get vehicle history on my car from Hong Kong? I doubt it's possible, but just thought I'd ask. Thanks.
Maybe it was in Tokyo Drift but was cut from the movie?
It was probably in the movie and they cut it out because it was kicking all of the other cars asses.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:48 PM
5.0coupe
3rd Gear Member

thats really intesting that it was way over there..that means your car got shipped back and had nothing wrong with it..or they fixed it but still thats pretty intresting
Old 12-31-2006, 05:24 PM
Li0nHart
3rd Gear Member

i bet the guy who originally owned it in the states had a hong kong address...carfax probably got confused....
Old 12-31-2006, 05:29 PM
88sirneedsalot
1st Gear Member

about the tokyo drift, i dont know why people dont drift foxs they sure would be good at it if some one tryed it at one of those events.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:53 PM
Twisted
5th Gear Member

Wow! Thanks for all the replies fellas. Yeah, it does add a bit of intrigue that the car was in HK. I like to think that if someone went to the trouble of shipping it back and forth from there, that they took pretty good care of it. My biggest concern is the mileage discrepancy. When it came back from HK, it had less mileage on it than when it left...whichmay meanthat it has at least 100k miles more than I thought it did. That means that it has at least 213k, rather than 113k! Jesus. I hope there's some other explanation, but I guess I may never know. i wouldn't even know how to begin contacting the HK DMV. On the other hand, someone who had the money/motivation to ship the car to HK might also have the means to have made repairs necessary to counter its high mileage. I could go madwondering about all of this, so I should probaby just not think about it, and enjoy the car. At any rate, thanks again, JRT, for hooking me up.

Quick Reply: My car was in Hong Kong!