5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Wiper cowl question?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 12:56 AM
lookin4astang
3rd Gear Member

Default Wiper cowl question?

Apparently the hood flew up on this car at some point in time, and bent the piece that the wiper cowl bolts to.Its the metal filler between the wipercowl and the fenders.Is this something that can be unbolted and replaced or is this part of the firewall? I need to fix it, but I am not sure how so I wanted to ask here.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:00 AM
ModularFox
Banned

Default RE: Wiper cowl question?

most of them are welded in if your talking about what i just went though, my hood flew up and smashed my cowl panel, and it had to be cut out, a new one welded in, and its a big pain in the ***, my windshield and fenders had to come off. yep it sucks.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:06 AM
lookin4astang
3rd Gear Member

Whered you find the piece and what do they cost? I've gotta take all that off anyways, so my father in law can weld a new one up after fixing the frame.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:08 AM
ModularFox
Banned

not sure what it costed, or where they got it. its just part of whats beeing done among several other things with the front end at the body shop. when i next talk to my body guy ill ask him how much it costed and where he got it.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:11 AM
lookin4astang
3rd Gear Member

Please lemme know man. That is one major body component among many that I am searching for. I'll go ahead and cut this one out before taking it to him if I know where to get one.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:19 AM
ModularFox
Banned

i know harwood fiberglass makes a smoothed fiberglass one for like 70 somebucks but i dont think u can keep your wipers with it..

http://www.eharwood.com/catalog/cata...L&make=all
Old 12-31-2006, 01:23 AM
Li0nHart
3rd Gear Member

junkyard would be the place to find them...every fox had one...they rarely get that damamged...must be lots of them around
Old 12-31-2006, 10:46 AM
lookin4astang
3rd Gear Member

Was it just spotwelded in? And could I replace this with the engine sitting in the car? If I can get to it, I'll go ahead and cut it out.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:50 PM
ModularFox
Banned

yeah mine was just spotwelded in., there are a select rare few that are bolted in, but they only did it for a year or so and i cant remember wich year it was, butyeah you can do it with the motor in the car, but either way, welded in or bolted inthe windshield has to come out, and the front fenders have to come off.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:11 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: ModularFox

yeah mine was just spotwelded in., there are a select rare few that are bolted in, but they only did it for a year or so and i cant remember wich year it was, butyeah you can do it with the motor in the car, but either way, welded in or bolted inthe windshield has to come out, and the front fenders have to come off.
well it isnt 88 b/c a friend of mine had the same damage and it was a welded piece.. and you have an 89.. so that eliminates that year as well

Quick Reply: Wiper cowl question?