5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Any Moment now...

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 11:29 PM
musclemustang94
3rd Gear Member

Default Any Moment now...

You ever get the feeling like your car is about to have something major fail on it? I dont know why but I do, my clutch chatters, lots of stuff squeaks, my tranny whines, my rear end slips, and my power steering pump sounds like a banshee in the night! I wish I had time to fix my car up . She looks nice though! Anyway, my next mod is a gear installation and I was wondering what I should do after that. It needs alot of work, should i fix the suspension, transmission, brakes? I am so over whelmed but I cant get rid of her, i bought her knowing her flaws and I will get her back to driving like new. I just need to simplify everything. I want her to be a sick street stripcar that'll run high 11's on nitrous. SOME ONE GIVE ME GUIDANCE!

[IMG]local://upfiles/53326/2BA72A74D6304493BC4A348EE3F2B54E.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-01-2007, 01:34 AM
Not4you

Default RE: Any Moment now...

My 2 cents worth ... start with the suspension. Strengthen the chassis with subframe connectors and a strut tower brace, then a set of lowering springs (your car looks a bit like a truck with all the wheel gap over those awsome wheels) and new shocks/struts.

With performance suspension you get more power to the ground - it's like adding horsepower without spending a cent on the engine ... you are just making better use of the power you already have.

IMO suspension upgrades are relatively inexpensive plus they improve the looks and preformance of the car!!
Old 01-01-2007, 03:27 AM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

if the brakes need work they need to be first if u cant stop theres a big problem
Old 01-01-2007, 03:38 AM
musclemustang94
3rd Gear Member

It sucks cuz I go to school everyday from 630 to 1 then work till 10 so its hard to find time for my car. I have plenty of money to fix it up, its just tough finding time. For my brakes (they need done soon) I am going to get vented rotors for the front and stock ones for the back with some Hawk pads.
Old 01-01-2007, 03:45 AM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

just take off a weekend a month or all sundays a job has to let u off on sundays
Old 01-01-2007, 03:49 AM
musclemustang94
3rd Gear Member

They just changed my schedule so I have sundays and mondays off now. You cant really see it in the pic, but my car has some scratches and stuff I wanna get fixed. I ordered a new Ford badge for the back last weekend too. It had those ugly gold GT/Ford badges on it when i got it.
Old 01-01-2007, 04:45 AM
ooticamitica
4th Gear Member

no thank god i dont, its reliable!
Old 01-01-2007, 10:21 AM
Stanpower
4th Gear Member

Put the 3.73 gears in it short throw shifter some underdrive power pullies thats a start...............
Old 01-01-2007, 10:31 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

you guys all have the same problem... you mod before you fix and you wonder why your **** falls apart...

I would say ignore the sqeaks... they all do it. Replace your brakes as priority #1. then figure out wtf is going on with your power steering pump. Youve already got the rear axle situation figured out, so thats nothing to be worried about. As far as the tranny goes... mine has been whining in 3rd gear for as long as ive owned it... dont worry about it until it starts getting hard to shift. Clutch chatter... do you have an aftermarket clutch? mine chattered like a bitch when i first installed it.. but its fine now that its broken in.

Once you have your little problems sorted out, THEN you can mod the car.. and dont give me the "but i dont have time" bull****.. I changed my brakes at 11:30pm when it was raining... so i dont wanna fking hear it..
Old 01-01-2007, 02:25 PM
musclemustang94
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

you guys all have the same problem... you mod before you fix and you wonder why your **** falls apart...

I would say ignore the sqeaks... they all do it. Replace your brakes as priority #1. then figure out wtf is going on with your power steering pump. Youve already got the rear axle situation figured out, so thats nothing to be worried about. As far as the tranny goes... mine has been whining in 3rd gear for as long as ive owned it... dont worry about it until it starts getting hard to shift. Clutch chatter... do you have an aftermarket clutch? mine chattered like a bitch when i first installed it.. but its fine now that its broken in.

Once you have your little problems sorted out, THEN you can mod the car.. and dont give me the "but i dont have time" bull****.. I changed my brakes at 11:30pm when it was raining... so i dont wanna fking hear it..
HaHa such anger. I haven't modded my car at all. Everything on it (other than the silver badges) was on it when I bought it. You know you're right Adder. I have a freakin NAPA HD clutch in it cuz my clutch went out when i first bought it and i was an idiot.

Quick Reply: Any Moment now...