5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

I got a ticket! lol, I have questions too...

Old 01-01-2007, 02:06 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

Default RE: I got a ticket! lol, I have questions too...

ORIGINAL: 5.0lawman

I AM A COP 7 YEARS ON THE JOB AND I AINT EVER HEARD OF A FIX-UP TICKET WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?

a ticket that will be dropped when u go to court like when u have a cracked windsheild its usually dropped when u appear in court
Old 01-01-2007, 02:47 PM
georgiaguy246
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rmodel65

I AM A COP 7 YEARS ON THE JOB AND I AINT EVER HEARD OF A FIX-UP TICKET WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?

a ticket that will be dropped when u go to court like when u have a cracked windsheild its usually dropped when u appear in court
those are stupid if you ask me. wasting your time when your going to get it fixed anyways...
Old 01-01-2007, 02:52 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

yes but some people will nto ever get a windshild fixed in ga if the crack is no bigger than 3" than your still legal
Old 01-01-2007, 02:55 PM
georgiaguy246
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rmodel65

yes but some people will nto ever get a windshild fixed in ga if the crack is no bigger than 3" than your still legal
lol, on my brothers old blazer there was a huge crack, 16 inches long lol. that thing was halerious everytime it rained he put a towel right there. he never got it fixed, sold it to some stupid mexicans.
Old 01-01-2007, 03:02 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

both layers were cracked and it ruptured the plasic lining in between? its must have been a bad crack
Old 01-01-2007, 06:35 PM
Fosters82GT
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 86 5.0L
*how hard would it be to replace ALL my gauges with some autometer ones?(all in their factory spots, for a nice clean look)
I wanted a new dash that was clean looking and functional, i.e. water temp guage and oil pressure guage, that aren't in the stock 82 cluster. My husband had previously fabricated a stainless steel dash for his Sunbeam Tiger (British sportscar with a Ford v8), so he did the same for my car but in aluminum instead.

I suspect your car would be similar to mine in that a lot of the plastic had to be cut away from behind the stock dash to clearance the new guages. Once that was done, the new dash fit perfectly. Here's a few pics of the dash from the initial cut-out piece of aluminum, building it front and back, and after installation.

http://img81.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p2090175xu5.jpg
http://img81.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p2120189gb7.jpg
http://img329.imageshack.us/my.php?i...4140265bz7.jpg

[IMG]local://upfiles/57206/DA83550B1FDD42DD86001B904A041D99.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/57206/3070E703F0844E958DCF25774272FBC0.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-02-2007, 01:13 AM
86 5.0L
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 82FBGT50

Hey Hack just found a nice guage setup the other day and had what you were looking for https://mustangforums.com/m_2457053/tm.htm
not digging the aluminum dash panel [:'(] looks abit ricey

ORIGINAL: 5.0stanger

If there was oil in your radiator, your overflow would be full, cus oil floats on water, and would be the first thing sucked up into the overflow when it gets warm.
it was at the bottom of the radiator, I had to stick the hoses ALL the way down before it came out, maybe sludge? oh yeah, I dont have an overflow bottle

ORIGINAL: 5.0stanger

Also, I would change you tranny fluid...sounds like it could be worn out along with your syncoros
already did, last thing I did was change the fluild before I drove it and for the first couple of miles it shift so-so, then it just stopped shifting, not like the tranny is shot because I can turn the car off, put it into gear, then go just fine

all caps and run on sentences? how old are you exactly? not to be rude or anything but damn....

/grammer nazisim

Its just a ticket that means I'll get a broken headlight, tailight, windshield etc, fixed and appear in court to prove its fixed, doesnt affect me any deeper then that

ORIGINAL: 93stangz

www.florida50.com has nice autometer instrument clusters, but there $$$$$
that LX dash panel turns me off so bad lol, I mean if all I have to do is cut some plastic out of the stock dash panel then so be it

ORIGINAL: Fosters82GT
long post......
Nice! exactly the input I was looking for, any pictures of behind the cluster? how much cutting of plastice was involved?
Old 01-02-2007, 02:09 AM
Fosters82GT
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fosters82GT
long post......
Nice! exactly the input I was looking for, any pictures of behind the cluster? how much cutting of plastice was involved?
I didn't think to take any pics after removing the original dash unfortunately. But this ishow it was done.

Once you pull the stock modular guage cluster off, there are two big plugs and the speedo cable. You have to figure out what wire runs each guage and then wire the aftermarket guagesindependently. I had purchased a wiring diagram for the 82 specificially, which made figuring out which wire from thetwo big plugs did what. I would highly recommend you do the same for the 86. It appears that Ford changes the colour of the wires every year.

Pretty much all the plastic inbehind the original guage cluster had to be gutted to make room for the deeper aftermarket guages. A dremel tool was used to cut the plastic which is really easy to do.

The outside perimeter of the original plastic dash panel was used as a template for the aluminum panel. As you can see from the pics, the back looks a little like constructing a time bomb. Installing the dash was a bit tricky because the bottom goes in first and then you have to plug in all the aftermarket connections to the stock wiring harness and then push the top in without pinching any of the wires.

Hope this helps. It sounds a lot more complicated than it really was. It was just time consuming.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:04 AM
86 5.0L
6th Gear Member

so after fiddling around with the adjuster I can shift all gears except 5th
Old 01-05-2007, 12:11 AM
deanzawistowski
2nd Gear Member

*My temp gauge NEVER goes 1/4 of the way up the gauge, drivng, idle, revving, never. which brings me to my next question;
ever think whoever had the car before you could have put in a 160 degree thermostat and the engine just dosent get hot? thats how mine was, had to out in a 195 for the winter to get heat.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I got a ticket! lol, I have questions too...