5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

projector lenses for foxbodies

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 06:19 PM
kaylexty

Default projector lenses for foxbodies

r the ones on ebay pretty ricey like everything else on ebay or r they decent and also do they make any where the projector is for the low beam and not the high beam?
Old 01-01-2007, 06:21 PM
89Ford
4th Gear Member

Default RE: projector lenses for foxbodies

whats wrong with stock head lights
Old 01-01-2007, 06:23 PM
kaylexty

just want something different plus they r pretty yellowed but i figure if i can get projector ones that arent crap i can do an hid retrofit later on but if they r crap then ill just get some smoked ones
Old 01-01-2007, 06:34 PM
5.flow
2nd Gear Member

projector lights are pretty lame but that's just my opinion. if you want somethin different i'd just go with the smoked like you said or just buy a new set of stock with thewhite corners, they're cheep enough. stupid ricey gimicy bells and whistles take away fromwhat a a mustang is supposed to be.
Old 01-01-2007, 06:37 PM
JABES
2nd Gear Member

they dont make projectors on low beams, cause it would be pointless. they would point too high and you would get flashed all the time. there was a post about them earlier, use the search and you should be able to find it.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 01-01-2007, 06:39 PM
Silver88T
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 5.flow

projector lights are pretty lame but that's just my opinion. if you want somethin different i'd just go with the smoked like you said or just buy a new set of stock with thewhite corners, they're cheep enough. stupid ricey gimicy bells and whistles take away fromwhat a a mustang is supposed to be.
AGREE STRONGLY
Old 01-01-2007, 06:42 PM
kaylexty

i dont see how it would be pointless to have projectors for the low beams when every car manufacturer that uses a projector uses them on the low beams and a reflector based light as the high beam. but thanks for answering my question looks like ill be getting the smoked lights.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:13 PM
JABES
2nd Gear Member

yea i see what your sayin but projector by the name is meant to project light, to me it makes more sense to have them as hight beams but yea the smoked ones look better imo
Old 01-04-2007, 11:21 PM
PX429
5th Gear Member

are you talking about the projector headlight assembly or HID's?? I'm confused here. The projector headlights use normal 9007's. Aftermarket HID's are usually just one beam, but dish out the cash (and trust me you'll want to) and get the dual beam, but remember aftermarket HID's are never as bright as OEM HID's.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:34 PM
Red FIVE O
2nd Gear Member

the projectors are crap espescialy the ones from APC, i had to learn the hard way (should a known that before hand). bought em three years ago they dont fit, you gota cut the light bracket, wiring is a B!tch and mine strarted fading after two years.
save your self some $$$ and leave them alone.

Quick Reply: projector lenses for foxbodies