5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

End of an era?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 02:18 AM
93 LX FiveO
5th Gear Member

Default RE: End of an era?

all fox bodies here are at the drags or hacked up.

seeing a nice fox on the road with street mods is rare around here. ive only seen 3 on occasion

all depends where you live
Old 01-02-2007, 02:19 AM
larsif
1st Gear Member

Go to your local drag strip on a weekend and count how many fox body mustangs you see there. At Irwindale on Thursday nights there are about 10 fox bodies there. All younger guys who nowhave the time and money to buy one and mod it up.

Also watch an episode of Pinks on Speed channel. There is almost always an fox mustang, notch back usually, in the race. This show will cause more interest in the fox mustangs.

I always note how many C5 and C6 vettes I see on the road. These cars are a great bang for the buck, except that you will see yourself coming and going. Next time you are out on the road count how many good fox mustangs you see. I personally like to have a unique car.

Besides, who cares what the magazine editor writes. The magazine staff makes there money off of selling ads. They are trying to push the new s197 mods to bring in more advertising dollars.

My $0.02

[IMG]local://upfiles/27757/EC06BB10BE4D4EA5B2973D66A535BAA9.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-02-2007, 02:49 AM
cleanfitty
4th Gear Member

Years back in the mid to late 90's and very early 2000, there were several foxes at Sacramento Raceway. I went there about 6 months ago and I didn't see one. Actually there was an 85 or 86 that was pure race, and that was it. Back then there were several racing with bolt ons and superchargers.

Around here it is getting very rare to see a clean on the street. You do see the occasional old timer driving a clean one. Also on ebay you will notice more and more verts for sale because alot of hard tops have met their fate. They will be rare cars as in the 90's not to many were sold due to the recession (sp) according to everything I have read.

Even all the Pick n Pulls around here dont hardly have any 5.0's... just a few 4 bangers. Even dismantlers don't have any around here.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:51 AM
ih8chevy
5th Gear Member

u got some right, the muscle car era ended in 71 there wer barely any 70's muscle cars
but u were right about the other half
ORIGINAL: PJB

Look what happened with '70's muscle cars.
In the early '80's they were just old cars and not really a big thing for the most part. Now those same muscle cars are getting alot of attention and are worth alot of money.
The popularity died down but then shot right back up.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:54 AM
ih8chevy
5th Gear Member

someone said that they are all drag cars now, w/ chevy motors, thats why they are slow drag cars but drag cars none the less, and to see a stock one is impossible, and one that isnt hacked is just as hard so yea people buy them like they bought the 57 chevy, hence thats why they call the fox the 57 chevy of our era
Old 01-02-2007, 02:55 AM
MustangMadness7
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 93 LX FiveO

all fox bodies here are at the drags or hacked up.

seeing a nice fox on the road with street mods is rare around here. ive only seen 3 on occasion

all depends where you live
+1 I see foxes at the strip, and i see beat ones driving around, but i never see a nice clean fox on the road. Ever.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:58 AM
BlackLX
4th Gear Member

I've said it before and I'll say it again, LS1 cars are going to be the next foxbody.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:00 AM
ih8chevy
5th Gear Member

no way they are too heavy and not what someone wants if u are goin to build a10 sec fox its easier then a 10 sec fbody
ORIGINAL: BlackLX

I've said it before and I'll say it again, LS1 cars are going to be the next fox bodies.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:07 AM
BlackLX
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ih8chevy
no way they are too heavy and not what someone wants if u are goin to build a10 sec fox its easier then a 10 sec fbody
Dude, you've already proved you don't know what you're talking about when it comes to LS1's in other threads. So please, stop while you're ahead.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:10 AM
ih8chevy
5th Gear Member

haha im gonna laugh at this stupid post and not pay attention to the ignorance plus if u kno so much then go join a friggin ls1 forum and vent ur knowledge there cause noone wants to care here
ORIGINAL: BlackLX

ORIGINAL: ih8chevy
Dude, you've already proved you don't know what you're talking about when it comes to LS1's in other threads. So please, stop while you're ahead.

Quick Reply: End of an era?