5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

anyone reconize this car

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 01:27 PM
HC_CrAzYHoRsE
Super Moderator

Default RE: anyone reconize this car

ORIGINAL: DirtyDave95

I honestly dont get why people down everyone elses car, whoever that car may belong to he/she spent plenty of money and time into the car so why down it.

OMG RICER... Right? What the hell is everyone so afraid of ricers for. Keep in mind i do not like ricers, nor will i ever.

I think everyone has forgotten the meaning of a ricer which is not an import. But a bumble-bee exhaust wanna be racer.

There is nothing wrong with anyone wanting to put **** on a car, saleen come with body kits, cobra-r have body kits and both are beautiful cars. Just because this particular guy wants a body kit on his car big deal, it shouldnt make you **** on yourself.

I know a guy with a TT supra wit a body kit thats runs 9's call him a ricer, whats everyones deal wit body kits.

Im not gonna lie, the paint sceme isnt so great but its still a beautiful car regardless. I just hate when people down someone elses hard work, i mean hell, i see fox bodys everyday on here that look like a rolled up pile of crap. How would you feel if everyone told you the car you work hard on looks like crap.

This car has been in magazines that i have seen, shows, cant look to bad apparently.
you're right, i appologize for having an opinion, especially since it differs from yours. i'm so sorry about voicing it shamelessly on a discussion forum like i did, i don't know what came over me.

Old 01-03-2007, 02:49 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

I honestly dont get why people down everyone elses car, whoever that car may belong to he/she spent plenty of money and time into the car so why down it.

OMG RICER... Right? What the hell is everyone so afraid of ricers for. Keep in mind i do not like ricers, nor will i ever.

I think everyone has forgotten the meaning of a ricer which is not an import. But a bumble-bee exhaust wanna be racer.

There is nothing wrong with anyone wanting to put **** on a car, saleen come with body kits, cobra-r have body kits and both are beautiful cars. Just because this particular guy wants a body kit on his car big deal, it shouldnt make you **** on yourself.

I know a guy with a TT supra wit a body kit thats runs 9's call him a ricer, whats everyones deal wit body kits.

Im not gonna lie, the paint sceme isnt so great but its still a beautiful car regardless. I just hate when people down someone elses hard work, i mean hell, i see fox bodys everyday on here that look like a rolled up pile of crap. How would you feel if everyone told you the car you work hard on looks like crap.

This car has been in magazines that i have seen, shows, cant look to bad apparently.
Saleens and Cobra Rs are tastefully done, but even some will say the Cobra R spoiler is too high, but at least it's functional. I personally think the Saleen SR spoiler is ugly but usually with the rest of the kit the car can pull it off.

Most Mustang owners will agree, that Fox is ugly. Having a different opinion isn't wrong, but damn. If anyone thinks thats their ideal Mustang then they need to do some rethinking.

Supras are a little different than Mustangs. Stock Supras are increadibly boring to me, and they do make some good looking kits for them. Most aftermarket kits made for mustangs, like the one seen here, are horrible looking.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:14 PM
89Ford
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: OnyxCobra

Saleens and Cobra Rs are tastefully done, but even some will say the Cobra R spoiler is too high, but at least it's functional. I personally think the Saleen SR spoiler is ugly but usually with the rest of the kit the car can pull it off.

Most Mustang owners will agree, that Fox is ugly. Having a different opinion isn't wrong, but damn. If anyone thinks thats their ideal Mustang then they need to do some rethinking.

Supras are a little different than Mustangs. Stock Supras are increadibly boring to me, and they do make some good looking kits for them. Most aftermarket kits made for mustangs, like the one seen here, are horrible looking.
exactly, but there is one example of a bumber that never came stock on a mustang but looks ok and thats the Stalker bumber
Old 01-03-2007, 04:29 PM
MustangMadness7
4th Gear Member

Its not just the body kit. If he had that body kit and the car had a nice color scheme with a decent interior then i doubt anyone would have said anything. But the puke green color with graphics on the side, a 3 piece wing, altezza's, and the ugliest interior i have ever seen makes a car worthy of bashing. Although if the bidding stays this low (3350) then someone really should consider buying it. With some work you could convert it back to stock and have a SC 5.0 with only 78k miles. I bet if the car was stock it would be selling for more.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:32 PM
89regattaLX
1st Gear Member

I've seen the car before, it was in the January '04 issue of MM&FF in an article called "The Unconventional Attitude" on page 211. don't really care for the way the car looks, too ricey for my taste.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:24 PM
86 5.0L
6th Gear Member

Im not sure you know what ricer actually means....

RICER:

see it has a bodykit, doesnt mean its gonna hit 9 secs, hell its lucky to hit 19s without the bodykit falling off

NOT RICER:

bodykit, check
9.5 second run@140mph, check
Definitly not a ricer
Old 01-03-2007, 05:36 PM
88ragtop
3rd Gear Member

That white Supra is a nice car too, as all Supras of that body style but that body kit just looks nasty! IMO
Old 01-03-2007, 06:58 PM
5.flow
2nd Gear Member

ehh i don't see why someone would do that to a mustang. like how can someone like mustangs and ricey mods at the same time? it just doesn't make sense to me. if i were 13 years old or something then yeah that car would really impress me but being an adult it feels like a toy car you'd buy at walmarts or something. the worst part is he spend thousands and thousands of dollars only to do like 2 mods that effect performance......some people.
but yeah it does look familiar.[:'(]
Old 01-03-2007, 07:19 PM
ILUVMYSTANG
3rd Gear Member

i know exactly where its from...

AutoPartsWareHouse.com -----> http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/pe...p;brandid=2749
Old 01-03-2007, 07:32 PM
89Ford
4th Gear Member

i asked the guy why he doesnt have an APC steering wheel like the one at pep boys, that has a picture of his car on it, and he told me that the momo ones are better....what type of advertisement is that?

Quick Reply: anyone reconize this car