5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

UPDATE!!! FUNNY THREAD! Got a citation in my front door today!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 03:28 PM
pastfast125
4th Gear Member

Default RE: FUNNY THREAD! Got a citation in my front door today!

Instead of stuffing shirts up your pipes, you could always get some cutouts for future run-ins with the law
Old 01-05-2007, 04:16 PM
88MustangGX
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

ORIGINAL: verter2

So this cop was just walkin around, spotted your car and came on your property and then issued you a ticket for mufflers he never heard. Would enjoy meeting this clown in a bar some night. I am really dreading coming back to that States and having to deal with cops in your a** every time you turn around. Good Luck with that Adder.
No apparently one of my neighbors bitched about my car being too loud. And as for the lack of tailpipes.... he might be under the impression that its a v6.... one of the drawbacks of owning a 94-95 cobra... it only says MUSTANG on my rear bumper...

I told the cop on the phone that I still had the stock exhaust... and now it sounds like it! So all should be goo if this dude ever shows up!
i doubt the cop would know what a stock mustang exhaust sounds like anyway. And you know they won't get their porky a$$es on the ground to look under it. Glad to see your having fun!
Old 01-05-2007, 04:21 PM
dillon1340
4th Gear Member

that's funny. i watched that video. iimagined adder as being a grumpy 60year old man........guess i was wrong lol
Old 01-05-2007, 04:25 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: dillon1340

that's funny. i watched that video. iimagined adder as being a grumpy 60year old man........guess i was wrong lol
yea guy... im only 23
Old 01-05-2007, 04:28 PM
94gtcoupe
5th Gear Member

23??? your and old fart lol j/k
ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

ORIGINAL: dillon1340

yea guy... im only 23
Old 01-05-2007, 04:52 PM
88ragtop
3rd Gear Member

Aw yes...Neighbors will bitch and complain about any and everything![:@]And I always see/hear Harleys and the suchwith the loudest damm pipes that rattle your windows when they ride by, and i never see the cops giving them any crap! I dont know who is worse, the cops or the damm people who bitch and complain to the cops over stupid crap[:@]........Anyways Adder......stick it to them!!!
Old 01-05-2007, 04:57 PM
SpecterGT260
5th Gear Member

can they even enforce tickets like that? dont u have to be "caught in the act"? technically, for all he knows it was someone elses car he saw, and he cannot force you to let him listen to it on the same grounds that he cant search it. unless u happen to have it on at the time he shows up he cant make u turn the key. and without that I dont think he can enforce the ticket. and in my state they put an aweful lot of emphasis on that signature "this is not a plea of guilty" business. without ur signature I dont know if the ticket means anything.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:04 PM
94gtcoupe
5th Gear Member

if the ticket was issued because of a complaint by a neighbor then the ticket can be enforced and he can force him to start it... or if he saw him driving and got the plate number, but in the asspect of the plate he can take it off and put it in his house and say that the car has't been driven on the road in a month and that the cop must not of got a clear look at the plate ( bad idea, atleast around here) and it's the government they can do what they damn well please it sucks when it's your word against they're word expecialy when your younger
ORIGINAL: SpecterGT260

can they even enforce tickets like that? dont u have to be "caught in the act"? technically, for all he knows it was someone elses car he saw, and he cannot force you to let him listen to it on the same grounds that he cant search it. unless u happen to have it on at the time he shows up he cant make u turn the key. and without that I dont think he can enforce the ticket. and in my state they put an aweful lot of emphasis on that signature "this is not a plea of guilty" business. without ur signature I dont know if the ticket means anything.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:13 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

I doubt he'll really come by. Unless he is bored and has nothnig better to do. I know I have more important things to do than chase down loud exhaust.

Surprised at how well that worked though, lol.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:09 PM
Scout2232
4th Gear Member

I had a friend that had a 95 w/ 347 in it. And to pass emissions/noise restrictions,he put steel wool in there, maybe you can try that instead of your shirts.

Quick Reply: UPDATE!!! FUNNY THREAD! Got a citation in my front door today!