5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

please help me with these actuators...

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 06:54 PM
BascoSauce
2nd Gear Member

Default please help me with these actuators...

ok first off i did search, and i thought i saw a sticky at one time or another but cant find that either...

i just pulled my doors off and before i start hacking up the plastic covering (ya know the stuff thats over the inside of the door to keep out dirt, moisture, dust) can someone tell me where it is? i've read enough posts to understand how to get it out!

thanks again and please hurry, im tryin to go out 2night lol
Old 01-05-2007, 07:00 PM
dillon1340
4th Gear Member

Default RE: please help me with these actuators...

the lock acuators are toward the door handle stuff at bottom. make sure the window is up before you start or you won't get to them
Old 01-05-2007, 07:04 PM
BascoSauce
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dillon1340

the lock acuators are toward the door handle stuff at bottom. make sure the window is up before you start or you won't get to them
thanks for the help bro, but honestly, i dont know anything about this technical stuff with cars....im no where near a garage mechanic...but just to make sure (i took a peak inside and saw a few things, so idk wat is wat) the "door handle stuff" is at the bottom right im assuming?
Old 01-05-2007, 07:29 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

what is it not working? if so thats funny, mine dont either, and i havent bothered to fix it yet, lol, nothin valuable stays in my car(well except the car itself) and only thing that locks is the pass door, **** my hatch even sucks at staying shut, lol

sorry i cant help... im not to great at this electrical ****.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:32 PM
BascoSauce
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dimebag

what is it not working? if so thats funny, mine dont either, and i havent bothered to fix it yet, lol, nothin valuable stays in my car(well except the car itself) and only thing that locks is the pass door, **** my hatch even sucks at staying shut, lol

sorry i cant help... im not to great at this electrical ****.
haha no worries, and yea i've had them for like 2 months, just never put em in, i dont have anything valuable either....at least not yet....but big ups to dillion for helping me out!!!
Old 01-05-2007, 07:46 PM
90GTDan
1st Gear Member

They are below the latch itself, the part that holds the door shut, riveted below the latch inside the door. Check these out,http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=620709 http://www.blackcoupe.com/actuatorinstall.html
I ordered the actuators monday, they should be here today.