5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Slower than ever?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 07:10 PM
allbizLX

Default Slower than ever?

Hey guys,
I've just got my car back together after the t-56 install and smoothing the fenderwells. Ive got a little problem though. The car is slower than its ever been. In order to get it running and be half legal ive got my downtubes off my headers and then a set of mags right off the ends of them. The car is very loud, makes a lot of noise but it doesnt go anywhere. Im thinking without having a crossover there just isnt enough back pressure to make my setupreally work...Its just a pooch. When the engine was out i put an e303 ,75mm TB, 75mm MAF, and 24# injectors. Now that is on a stock intake,I didhog the upper out so that there is no stepfromTB to Intake. Ive deleted all of the emissions things and the check engine light is on because of it. Ive checked the codes twice and none of them should hurt performance. Ive only got a vaccum line to the fpr and the brake booster. Everthing else is capped off. Even the Pcv, however,I am running a breather filter now because of it. Also this is only on 10 deg. of timing at base, i used to run 14 but I dont remember it ever feeling as slow as it is now even at 10 deg. I dont know fellas, please help.
Heres link to a small idle vid with a camera phone. everything sound alright?
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1701258880
Old 01-08-2007, 07:38 PM
2 kwik
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Slower than ever?

stock intake.....take that 75mm t/b off and remove those 24's will help ..looks like no thought on hi[po parts
Old 01-08-2007, 07:42 PM
gspfunk
5th Gear Member

I don't think it's going to sound much better than that w/ your headers dumped (That's they way I read/saw that, if I misunderstood, please correct me). First off, your timing is 10 and you said you used to run 14, so that's a little bit of the difference. Also, you'll have ZERO low-end power w/ dumped headers....that's all top-end HP.

Did you make sure you degreed the cam correctly?

Is the MAF calibrated for the 24 #'ers?

Your stock heads and stock lower intake are probably causing it to bog like a sumumma beech w/ that cam and 24 # inj's.....
Old 01-08-2007, 07:46 PM
musclemustang94
3rd Gear Member

All that lope from an e cam? Also an e cam on stock heads and intake wont do shizit for you 'cept make more pollution and idle all nasty. You should get a REAL exaust and think about your mods before doing them. Everyone knows street motors lil back pressure. Are you even running a steep rear gear to need that T56 or did you read it in a magazine that they are cool to have and wanted one.This is you if you keep picking mods like that.[sm=headbang.gif]
Old 01-08-2007, 08:19 PM
ih8chevy
5th Gear Member

hey man it is a 5.Slow

jk- the cam u got with that induction setup is no good, that is too be expected with a stock intake, they suck get a junkyard gt40 off an explorer, and u will see a good gain, plus those heads suck too, u have too punch em out too see any gain and still it aint worth it, so get g40's with that intake off an explorer, punch em out and u will see a big gain and low end torque will soon come back
Old 01-08-2007, 08:23 PM
MustangMadness7
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ih8chevy

hey man it is a 5.Slow

jk- the cam u got with that induction setup is no good, that is too be expected with a stock intake, they suck get a junkyard gt40 off an explorer, and u will see a good gain, plus those heads suck too, u have too punch em out too see any gain and still it aint worth it, so get g40's with that intake off an explorer, punch em out and u will see a big gain and low end torque will soon come back
+1 Go to a junkyard, get some GT-40 heads and intake. Right now 24# injectors are hurting more than helping. Make sure your MAF is calibrated for 24's. Personaly i would get an OR pipe and mufflers, then dump so you keep some low end, but whatever.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:27 PM
aode08
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: allbizLX

Hey guys,
I'The car is slower than its ever been. In order to get it running and be half legal ive got my downtubes off my headers and then a set of mags right off the ends of them.
thats your issue. fix it and your done

sounds like garbage
Old 01-08-2007, 08:29 PM
ih8chevy
5th Gear Member

haha this is funny
ORIGINAL: aode06

ORIGINAL: allbizLX

Hey guys,
I'The car is slower than its ever been. In order to get it running and be half legal ive got my downtubes off my headers and then a set of mags right off the ends of them.
thats your issue. fix it and your done

sounds like garbage
Old 01-08-2007, 08:44 PM
dillon1340
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: musclemustang94

All that lope from an e cam? Also an e cam on stock heads and intake wont do shizit for you 'cept make more pollution and idle all nasty. You should get a REAL exaust and think about your mods before doing them. Everyone knows street motors lil back pressure. Are you even running a steep rear gear to need that T56 or did you read it in a magazine that they are cool to have and wanted one.This is you if you keep picking mods like that.[sm=headbang.gif]
my car runs like a top and idles very well with Ecam and stock intake and heads...the guy before me put it in, i woulda waited and done heads and intake too but it runs great.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:46 PM
2 kwik
I ♥ Acer

it's either
afro-engineering
or
redneck wrenchin

Quick Reply: Slower than ever?