5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Q 4 All Those Who Have Done Wire Hidding.....

Old 01-09-2007, 12:24 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Default Q 4 All Those Who Have Done Wire Hidding.....

I did all my wire hidding a while back but never put my fenderwells back in. I tried putting them back in last night and its just not working.... the wires on the driverside are too crowded in the bay to get the fenderwell back in there. Everything is ziptied securely to the frame, etc. and its all tight up against the top but it still seems not to fit. My Q is, will I be OK driving without fenderwells with all the wiring exposed? I have my vacuum tree in there, soleniod, etc. How sensitive is the soleniod to water? I dont drive the car in the rain but Im concerned about maybe hitting a puddle or something and having water splash up. I was thinking about maybe wrapping all the connnectors, soleniod, etc. in seran wrap (sp?)... what have you guys done?

You can see here the wiring thats under there... this is when I was about halfway done but the best pic I have.... you can see where I mounted the soleniod at the top.

Old 01-09-2007, 12:56 PM
MadMan@TheWheel
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Q 4 All Those Who Have Done Wire Hidding.....

Even though you have to know it's not the best idea, it will not be that big of a deal.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:00 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Yea, I know its not the best idea thats why Im asking lol But Im just wondering if theres anything in there that will get damaged if it gets severly wet. I mean, I powerwashed the motor bay a few times so I figured if I could do that I could get it wet. My main concern is the soleniod though....

But I also would like to keep them out if possible because if anything goes wrong I would have to pull the fender wells out and as you prob know thats the farthest thing from fun I have ever done to a car lol
Old 01-09-2007, 01:03 PM
MadMan@TheWheel
4th Gear Member

Right.lol It shouldn't hurt anything really, even the solenoid. Most important, make sure everything is secure. you would be amazed at the abuse the things in an engine compartment can take. Good luck bud.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:05 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Ohh everything is definetly secure. Its all ziptied every two inches to the frame lol.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:08 PM
MadMan@TheWheel
4th Gear Member

Then ride on brotha.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:08 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

AMEN!
Old 01-09-2007, 01:16 PM
93 LX FiveO
5th Gear Member

what i would is buy some more looms and just covered as much stuff as you can

ur tires are gunna be kickin up alot more than just water

OFF TOPIC: are those green bushings on ur control arms and swaybar factory original? because mine look the same and i dont know if they're original or not. either way they ride like crap lol
Old 01-09-2007, 01:18 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Yea, I was thinking about doing that. I think Im going to retape and loom everything, I dont want to throw a sharp rock up there and cut something lol

Also, Im guessing you are talking about the end link? As far as I know, they are original. I havent replaced them and I believe the owner before me never did, I will have to check through the receipts.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:58 PM
kl92gt
3rd Gear Member

when i put my fenderwells back on after hiding wires the only 2 clips i couldnt get in were the 2 closest to the strut tower one on each side of the strut tower so i just used a self tappin screw and got the innner fenderwell as tight as possible and put a self tapping screw in it

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Q 4 All Those Who Have Done Wire Hidding.....