5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

need to know how to retro fox harness in sn95

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 05:18 PM
StangJunky
1st Gear Member

Default need to know how to retro fox harness in sn95

I have an sn95 gt and am in the process of switching every thing over to fox style injection i have the throttle cable, entire ecm/ harness out of a 91 gt what else will i need also how do i power up the fox harness/ what do i need to cut and splice. if enyone can help me i would apreaciate it
Matt
Old 01-10-2007, 05:53 PM
94ford5liter
4th Gear Member

Default RE: need to know how to retro fox harness in sn95

i don't think switching it is really worth it, with high horsepower you want to get either one of the computers tuned anyways. I would just keep the sn95 computer and get it dyno tuned after your done with all your modifications.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:55 AM
StangJunky
1st Gear Member

heres the thing i love my car but i want it to be set up like a fox body i don't want the stupid intake elbow adapter and i want my car to be compadable with the vast supply of parts available for the fox. i want to use the throttle body from the old body if the only flaw of these cars were the comp i would just reprogram i hate the way these motors are setup. i really just need to know what i have to do and if anyone knows how please let me know. i used to know someone who didthis but i cant find him. if i cant do this im either going to swap to a 4.6 or trade this car for a fox
Old 01-11-2007, 01:06 AM
aftlcc
1st Gear Member

Wikes! I would just trade. I have done a couple wiring harnesses for an entire car, its not the easiest thing in the world and takes a lot of patience. Save your hair, you'll need it later, trade your car.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:36 AM
vristang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StangJunky

heres the thing i love my car but i want it to be set up like a fox body i don't want the stupid intake elbow adapter and i want my car to be compadable with the vast supply of parts available for the fox. i want to use the throttle body from the old body if the only flaw of these cars were the comp i would just reprogram i hate the way these motors are setup. i really just need to know what i have to do and if anyone knows how please let me know. i used to know someone who didthis but i cant find him. if i cant do this im either going to swap to a 4.6 or trade this car for a fox
I know it isn't what you want to hear, but I agree with the other posts.

This isn't going to be worth the time/money.

Other than the TB and elbow, what is the difference?
You are talking about completely re wiring a car with a new computer system so that you can save $20 on an aftermarket TB.

Again, I know how frustrating it can be when you ask a question, just to have folks skirt around it.

That is not what we are doing...
This choice is not likely to give the reward that you are expecting, and it won't be proportional to the work you have to put into the job.

good luck,
jason
Old 01-14-2007, 08:01 PM
StangJunky
1st Gear Member

Thanks guys thats not what i wanted to hear but i gues i will have to sell my sn95 nfor a fox