5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

10's on a stock block???

Old 01-14-2007, 12:18 AM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

Default RE: 10's on a stock block???

what kind of powerband should i shot for with 3.55 then???
Old 01-14-2007, 12:25 AM
JeffUtica
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CrazyCobraSpeed

were would i get my stock block blue printed and balanced.... and how much would something like that cost?
There are a ton of machine shops out there. You have the pick of the litter. If you want aFord specific/specialty shop, look through 5.0 Mustang, MM&FF, Race Pages or references from locals.
DSS, Cost High Performace, Paul's High Performance, Larroca's, Anderson Ford Motorsports, Livernois Motorsports, Murillo Motorsports, BB&T Racing, Holcolm Motorsports...are just a few that come to mind.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:27 AM
ModularFox
Banned

a local guy has a thunderbird supercoupe with a 347 stoker stock block, car goes like 9.40s on spray.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:47 AM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

so i have to send my engine off to get it balanced??? cuz there is no1 locially that i know of that can do that.... or that i would trust if they say they can... and i know some of those shops are big name shops... that normally has a big price tag... im on a budget... i dont mind throwing a lil money into it and have some fun... but i aint rich by ne means.... i can readjust my goals... what about a mid 11... like 11.5.... is that more reasonable... and apart from the obvious bolt on and a 3.55 gears what else do i need... N/A S/C or Nitrous are all roots i am welling to take... i just got my hands on some money... some not a lot... and i got hte lil b*tch at school... really snobby drives a vette.... like 1999-03 or some were in there... not really much done to it... always talks **** aobut ford and mustangs... ticks me off... and he wont even admit his parents bought him the car so i wanna shut his *** up more htan nething tell me what i need... i am choosing a 3.55 for several reason... one i drive an hour to school so yea.... lotta highway miles... also i wont loose my top end... so i its not like i can only go to 120... i can pulll much futher than that i woudl think i could max out hte speedo still... neways whats a setup that will get a 95 cobra that already has bolt ons and will get 3.55?
Old 01-14-2007, 12:52 AM
ModularFox
Banned

so i have to send my engine off to get it balanced??? cuz there is no1 locially that i know of that can do that.... or that i would trust if they say they can... and i know some of those shops are big name shops... that normally has a big price tag... im on a budget... i dont mind throwing a lil money into it and have some fun... but i aint rich by ne means.... i can readjust my goals... what about a mid 11... like 11.5.... is that more reasonable... and apart from the obvious bolt on and a 3.55 gears what else do i need... N/A S/C or Nitrous are all roots i am welling to take... i just got my hands on some money... some not a lot... and i got hte lil b*tch at school... really snobby drives a vette.... like 1999-03 or some were in there... not really much done to it... always talks **** aobut ford and mustangs... ticks me off... and he wont even admit his parents bought him the car so i wanna shut his *** up more htan nething tell me what i need... i am choosing a 3.55 for several reason... one i drive an hour to school so yea.... lotta highway miles... also i wont loose my top end... so i its not like i can only go to 120... i can pulll much futher than that i woudl think i could max out hte speedo still... neways whats a setup that will get a 95 cobra that already has bolt ons and will get 3.55?
I have 4.88s and trap at 141mph.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:01 AM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

i heard with 4.10 u can only hit about 120... or is that just stock??? if u have more hp i guess your max speed would go up???
Old 01-14-2007, 01:12 AM
JeffUtica
2nd Gear Member

Not to be sarcastic, but until you run out of free HPupgrades you can only go as fast as your budget permits.Tell the vette guy to remove 48 cubic inches and drop .8 points of compression and run'm heads up...hell just run'm. Remember you're the underdog. Ask him what his vette runs in the 1/4. Put a set of heads, a cam, exhaust and cold air intake and you'll beat'm and you'll still have a car that was cheaper yet won't depreciate.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:18 AM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

umm... his vette is fast... i dont think a h/c/i will let me keep up... and for once i got a change to mayb take this guy and the T/A and all hte camaros in hte parking lot as well... its a mustangless place up there.... lol theres a few but v6ers so yea... i got money so i was goin to teach the bitch a lesson

Old 01-14-2007, 01:19 AM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

oh yea... what about theses heads... any different than plan old stock gt-40s??
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...55198_-1_11221

Old 01-14-2007, 01:32 AM
FullAuto
5th Gear Member

oh yea... what about theses heads... any different than plan old stock gt-40s??
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...55198_-1_11221

huge waste of money

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 10's on a stock block???