MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang-14/)
-   -   opinion on engine (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang/232319-opinion-on-engine.html)

georgiaguy246 01-16-2007 11:56 PM

opinion on engine

ok i found a engine for $300 bucks that comes with everything. this is exactly what the guy said.

hey i do have some pics of the motor. motor came out of a 89 f-150 w/ 110K miles and was running when taken out and no noise or anything. as far as i know the motor will work in your mustang, but you will need to change the intake and the plennum from a mustang anddef. a wiring harness from a mustang to match it up. other than thatit willwork. i really need to get 300 for the motor. i will send some pics
i have some pictures and it looks good. i have the wiring harness and also a intake if it needs changing. so what do you guys think?

PX429 01-17-2007 12:17 AM

RE: opinion on engine

umm.. I'm not quite sure what your question is?

dowe think you should get it? if you plan on rebuilding it, sure.

ih8chevy 01-17-2007 12:17 AM

what teh hell kind of motor is it, there were three motors that could have come out of that f150, a 4.9 6 cyl, 5.0 8 cyl., and a 5.8 8 cyl.

which one?

georgiaguy246 01-17-2007 12:26 AM

sorry guys. ya its a 5.0L and i am mainly asking should i get it? i would do a rebuild and i am on a budget and this is a good price compaired to the junk yards around here. i called a place today and they said they had a 5.0L engine out of a f-150 as well, 118k miles on it and they wanted $1k for it. sorry for the confusion, thanks.

PX429 01-17-2007 12:30 AM

ORIGINAL: georgiaguy246

sorry guys. ya its a 5.0L and i am mainly asking should i get it? i would do a rebuild and i am on a budget and this is a good price compaired to the junk yards around here. i called a place today and they said they had a 5.0L engine out of a f-150 as well, 118k miles on it and they wanted $1k for it. sorry for the confusion, thanks.
What the? $1,000 for a used long block? Just check the oil make sure there is no water in the oil, check the spark plugs etc....

ih8chevy 01-17-2007 12:30 AM

holy f*cking sh*t i cant believe that, thats f*cking ridiculous, around here a junkyard wants 220 for a used 5.0, but if i were u even 300 is too much for a 5.0 keep searching u will get a better deal

where the hell do u live that a 5.0 is that much, u mite as well get a 351 or a bottem end block from ford for that much

ORIGINAL: georgiaguy246

georgiaguy246 01-17-2007 12:42 AM

thats the thing i have been searching around for quite a while, even before i got my car i was searching. ya its gay. my dad won't let me go with anything bigger than a 302, already asked and found a great deal and he said no. with this engine everything is there for it to run and i have a few things that i could sell to make some cash to get it rebuilt etc. i might go look at it this week if everything works out, i know its not much but its better than nothing.

nmerrill 01-17-2007 12:49 AM

Ask him if it is an H.O. Many of the trucks didnt come with h.o. 302's. That price is also too high. Around here you can get a totally reaman shortblock for 320 with core.

georgiaguy246 01-17-2007 12:52 AM

ORIGINAL: nmerrill

Ask him if it is an H.O. Many of the trucks didnt come with h.o. 302's. That price is also too high. Around here you can get a totally reaman shortblock for 320 with core.
i'll ask him about the H.O. thing. also i know the price is high but around here there is no junk yard that has any mustangs. i've called around, they have either crushed them, everything is rusted, or want way too much. i think the engine is a good price for around here, comes with everything all i'd have to do is bolt everything up and run it but i'd probably get a rebuild. just crossed my mind, but is there a big difference between the H.O. and the regular 5.0L?