5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Stock T5 - how much can it handle?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 07:03 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Stock T5 - how much can it handle?

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

ORIGINAL: P Zero

So dont tell me I have no idea what Im talkin about boy, you havent a fukin clue as to who I am. What Ive done, and what I can do. And what the *** do you know about T-5's you have a T-45 in your car, which has all of the upgrades.
-P.
Since when does a 1994 GT have a T-45???

Looks like YOU are the idiot here... Oh and 94GTcoupe BUILDS T-5 trannies... In fact, hes gonna be rebuilding mine!
Sn-95's have a different input shaft (longer) different bellhousing (longer), the SVO STEEL thrust housing, different gearing, etc. etc.
-P.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:04 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

So dont tell me I have no idea what Im talkin about boy, you havent a fukin clue as to who I am. What Ive done, and what I can do. And what the *** do you know about T-5's you have a T-45 in your car, which has all of the upgrades.
-P.

Looks like YOU are the idiot here... Oh and 94GTcoupe BUILDS T-5 trannies... In fact, hes gonna be rebuilding mine!
Sn-95's have a different input shaft (longer) different bellhousing (longer), the SVO STEEL thrust housing, different gearing, etc. etc.
-P.
Still doesnt make it a T-45
Old 01-18-2007, 07:10 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

-P.

-P.
Still doesnt make it a T-45
Ummm.... yeah it does. Maybe you need to check your facts.
-P.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:13 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

No buddy... maybe YOU need to check YOUR facts... the T-45 wasnt introduced until 96 in the v-8 mustang...

ALL 94-95 mustangs run a World Class T-5

stupid newb!
Old 01-18-2007, 07:14 PM
georgiaguy246
4th Gear Member

this is getting intrestring
Old 01-18-2007, 07:15 PM
ckyguy68
5th Gear Member

P your wrong. The T45s are the 4.6 trans. Came on 96+ GTs.

http://www.moderndriveline.com/Technical_Bits/T-45.htm

Old 01-18-2007, 07:19 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

O my bad then it was the modified SVO "world class". Which was renamed the T-45 in 96. Regardless whther its a T-5 or T-45, theyre both pieces of ****.
-P.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:21 PM
94gtcoupe
5th Gear Member

umm. actualy i have a WC t-5 dumb **** that just further proves my point that u don't know what your talking about... and ur right i don't know who u are big deal... and i have proly rebuilt more t-5's than u have seen... and me drive like a bitch? u obviously don't know me, i hit 140 for 20-75 miles when i go home on weekends... and yes a STOCK t-5 will hold up to a 400+ hp car that is driven CORRECTLY... if you don't believe me i'll get an email from my teacher with dyno sheets of his maverics that run STOCK T-5's...

i'll give you that the non wc T-5's are junk and bairly hold a stock motor but the WC is much more advanced... mytranny doesn't have anykind of upgrades stock (or aftermarket for that matter) i just know how to build a tranny...

if you where smart you would have got a 94-95 tranny and swaped the input shafts with one from and old ****ed up tranny but your obviously to big of retard to think of that.. i will admit that it's cheaper to get a junk yard tranny than to buy a new output shaft, but with as many trannys as you broke you could prolly build 4-6 good ones... good luck selling them though i wouldn't buy one from someone that couldn't even got one so live behind his own car...

thanks for the back up adder, adder knows his **** and won't let someone that doesn't know his **** work on his car and since i'm rebuilding his trans for himso obviously i know my ****... transmissions are mystrongest area involving a car... more specificaly i can rebuild a t-5 in under an hour if need beand i have done so at the track for a guy.. so in other words i'm right zero u dumb ***... i know my tranny's so u can't pull **** on me...

and by the way that track rebuild was for a DD 89 LX with 489WHP that was in april and the car has since put 17,000 miles on it and guess what my track side rebuild is still standing strong
Old 01-18-2007, 07:21 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

O my bad then it was the modified SVO "world class". Which was renamed the T-45 in 96. Regardless whther its a T-5 or T-45, theyre both pieces of ****.
-P.
Wow guy.... youve got a worse attitude that I do...

If the T-5 was such a piece of crap... why would Ford AND Chevy use it for so long???

Maybe you just cant drive!
Old 01-18-2007, 07:28 PM
dbtk2

-P.
Wow guy.... youve got a worse attitude that I do...

If the T-5 was such a piece of crap... why would Ford AND Chevy use it for so long???

Maybe you just cant drive!
Ditto. The f-body cars got the T5 for a long time.

The T5 is stronger than a lot of people make it out to be. Just don't drive like a moron. FWIW, I beat the living **** out of my NON world class T5 in my Trans Am, and the car also has a nice sticky clutch and some nice sticky tires. It takes a bit of abuse. However, I also know how to drive. Don't grind gears and don't do stupid **** and it should be fine. Top speed runs are my favorite.....my 140mph speedo really likes to hit the little needle at the end yet my 190k mile tranny is still doing awesome.

Quick Reply: Stock T5 - how much can it handle?