5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

What do you all think?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 11:02 AM
88MustangGX
2nd Gear Member

Default What do you all think?

Since i am new to this whole thing, i turn to all of you who have done this before. I'm doing Cobra manifold, E303 cam, and i have the headers back exhaust upgraded. Leaving the heads stock. Everything else stock. Will the car fall on it's face if i didnt up the fuel or dyno tune? Keep in mind i have speed density setup not MAF. Thanks all
Old 01-19-2007, 12:51 PM
Ninety5five0
5th Gear Member

Default RE: What do you all think?

Really not much of a point in doing intake and a cam and not doing the heads, they all work together. Also keep in mind there are specific cams that only work with speed density, alot wont work well with them, i believe there is a sticky up top telling whcih cams will work with SD. And with those mods you wont need to up your fuel, you will be fine with a stock fuel system, maybe add a fuel pressure regulator and maybe a 155lph pump, but you'll prolly be fine with stock stuff. I'd hold off and get some heads to put on at the same time with the cam and intake, i'd upgrade to a MAF too, SD holds you back from doing alot.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:10 PM
88MustangGX
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: What do you all think?

ORIGINAL: Ninety5five0

Really not much of a point in doing intake and a cam and not doing the heads, they all work together. Also keep in mind there are specific cams that only work with speed density, alot wont work well with them, i believe there is a sticky up top telling whcih cams will work with SD. And with those mods you wont need to up your fuel, you will be fine with a stock fuel system, maybe add a fuel pressure regulator and maybe a 155lph pump, but you'll prolly be fine with stock stuff. I'd hold off and get some heads to put on at the same time with the cam and intake, i'd upgrade to a MAF too, SD holds you back from doing alot.
yea your tellin me. I just talked to ford motorsports and they said with SD i can't do ANY of those mods. cam or intake without converting to MAF. So i am up $hits creek. [sm=headbang.gif]