5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Deciding On Build... Starting to build...

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 02:29 AM
LCBlackDep183
3rd Gear Member

Default Deciding On Build... Starting to build...

Okay, havent been on here much latley. Mostly because the stang is covered up over the winter, and the one day I decided to uncover it I hit a patch of ice and did in the rear bumper, taillight, and rocker pannel... Anyways since its in the shop right now I asked them to check into getting a cobra rear bumper on it since ive decided to put a cobra R hood on it (http://home.pon.net/hunnicutt/images/cobra_R.jpg). I also decided on some silver 17" Bullits with a polished lip: 24mm offset in the rear(deep dish 10.5). Thats all the "dress up" im going to do to my car, that and some cobra badges.

As far as the engine goes ive decided on getting some gt-40s SOMEWHERE, 1.7rr', Cant decide on a cam (thinking about E303). Either a cobra intake to go with the new cobra badges and bumper, or possibly a holley, edelbrock, or TFS... I "eventually" want to put a procharger on the beast when $$$ is availible... e303 cam I hear is one of the best for both boosting and natural builds.

However, 2 questions im worryed about lift 1.7rr + e303 too much? Ill probably replace the valve covers with ford racing ones anyways to give my engine a little bit of glamour just kinda ignorant when it comes to these things.

Also im planning on deleting the Smog pump sometimes(already have a OR x-pipe sitting in my basment with a 70mm tb) Is it just a matter of getting a dummy pully and ripping all the **** out? Walkthrough link would be excellent.

Replys are appreciated! Any thoughts on the look im going for? Any Thoughts on good tires: I want 315s in back...

Also since im on a budget holding off on injectors would be nice, will the #19s hold me over untill I do Forced Induction or Nitrous?

THANKS!!!!!

Old 01-21-2007, 02:36 AM
LCBlackDep183
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Deciding On Build... Starting to build...

BTW These are the wheels im getting, I LOVE them...

Old 01-21-2007, 02:42 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: LCBlackDep183

Okay, havent been on here much latley. Mostly because the stang is covered up over the winter, and the one day I decided to uncover it I hit a patch of ice and did in the rear bumper, taillight, and rocker pannel... Anyways since its in the shop right now I asked them to check into getting a cobra rear bumper on it since ive decided to put a cobra R hood on it (http://home.pon.net/hunnicutt/images/cobra_R.jpg). I also decided on some silver 17" Bullits with a polished lip: 24mm offset in the rear(deep dish 10.5). Thats all the "dress up" im going to do to my car, that and some cobra badges.
I personally wouldnt put the money into getting cobra parts for your car.... your not gonna fool anyone who knows anything about mustangs.. first off, its the wrong color (black, red, and white only) youve got the wrong spoiler, you made no mention of changing the front bumper, incorrect headlights...
itll just be a sad attempt at a Fobra build... dont do it!

As far as the engine goes ive decided on getting some gt-40s SOMEWHERE, 1.7rr', Cant decide on a cam (thinking about E303). Either a cobra intake to go with the new cobra badges and bumper, or possibly a holley, edelbrock, or TFS... I "eventually" want to put a procharger on the beast when $$$ is availible... e303 cam I hear is one of the best for both boosting and natural builds.
Steeda #19 and 1.7's will do nicely, especially when you boost it, it brings your total lift to .510, and your duration will be a shade higher than 220°/226° @ .050 lift

However, 2 questions im worryed about lift 1.7rr + e303 too much? Ill probably replace the valve covers with ford racing ones anyways to give my engine a little bit of glamour just kinda ignorant when it comes to these things.
If your gonna cobra out your car... might as well get cobra valve covers

Also im planning on deleting the Smog pump sometimes(already have a OR x-pipe sitting in my basment with a 70mm tb) Is it just a matter of getting a dummy pully and ripping all the **** out? Walkthrough link would be excellent.
You dont need a dummy pulley, you can run a shorter belt without any problems

Replys are appreciated! Any thoughts on the look im going for? Any Thoughts on good tires: I want 315s in back...
315/35/17... get good tires... I made the mistake of buying Sumitomo HTRz's.. although they have lasted through some nice long burnouts, and about 15k worth of driving.... and they still have lots of tread left... they dont give dick for traction

I'll be buying Nitto's soon

Also since im on a budget holding off on injectors would be nice, will the #19s hold me over untill I do Forced Induction or Nitrous?
kinda, but not really
Old 01-21-2007, 02:42 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

275/40/17 front and 315/35/17 rear.... only way to go
Old 01-21-2007, 02:46 AM
LCBlackDep183
3rd Gear Member

I go back and forth about the cobra stuff all the time. Guess it wouldent be a "bad" thing to have people roll up to my car seeing the gt badges and get there *** smoked with my gt-40 headed motor... lol

I was thinking nitto 555 street radials...

And how much fight do you think my "wonderful" sn-95 computer is going to give me for a steeda #19 cam
Old 01-21-2007, 02:49 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

not much at all... it actually works well with the stock computer
Old 01-21-2007, 02:56 AM
LCBlackDep183
3rd Gear Member

now i guess its just a matter of parts hunting for those gt-40s...

Tell you what adder, Lets just swich motors. Sounds good to me...
Old 01-21-2007, 03:05 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

now i guess its just a matter of parts hunting for those gt-40s...

Tell you what adder, Lets just swich motors. Sounds good to me...
If you really wanna come get it, your more than welcome to... My new motor is being prepped for shipping right now!
Old 01-21-2007, 03:07 AM
LCBlackDep183
3rd Gear Member

hey, hwb you just sell me those beautiful gt-40s you have on there so i dont have to go rape a explorer somewhere?
Old 01-21-2007, 03:31 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

I could do that.... but youll still have to wait for either my other motor to be ready, or until i can get a beater car

Quick Reply: Deciding On Build... Starting to build...