5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Did he spray?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 09:53 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Default RE: Did he spray?

make him disconnect his bottle

Old 01-22-2007, 10:20 PM
ModularFox
Banned

ORIGINAL: mustangfxbdy

ORIGINAL: ModularFox

sounds like he sprayed you or was playing with you bad but for you to have 471 hp he would have to have a pretty bad ride to be toying with you like that......

keep it on the track.... or a very very isolated country road and then thats pretty much not safe either...

I used to get fired up and say the heck with it too and race on the street when i was younger now i just let them talk and talk that way when i hand it to them when the track opens they look like an a&&... had one guy that talked smack for about 4 months till one night we were both at the track and i took him by 2 lengths at an 1/8th mile track.... after that he never said a word... plus his friends laughed at him...

plus the next day they cant say he barely beat me when you took him by lenghts plus the timeslips never lie...
all depends on both their suspensions. i know a guy that has a 400whp ls1 car that goes mid 10s. i also know a guy who has a 500whp mustang that went 14.2s

sounds like the 500hp mustang needs a driver mod also along with suspension... hes wasting ALOT of hp...
driver no, suspension yes. my point being was you can have all the power in the world but if you cant put it to the ground your cars worthless.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:36 PM
mustangfxbdy
3rd Gear Member

sounds like he sprayed you or was playing with you bad but for you to have 471 hp he would have to have a pretty bad ride to be toying with you like that......

keep it on the track.... or a very very isolated country road and then thats pretty much not safe either...

I used to get fired up and say the heck with it too and race on the street when i was younger now i just let them talk and talk that way when i hand it to them when the track opens they look like an a&&... had one guy that talked smack for about 4 months till one night we were both at the track and i took him by 2 lengths at an 1/8th mile track.... after that he never said a word... plus his friends laughed at him...

plus the next day they cant say he barely beat me when you took him by lenghts plus the timeslips never lie...
all depends on both their suspensions. i know a guy that has a 400whp ls1 car that goes mid 10s. i also know a guy who has a 500whp mustang that went 14.2s

sounds like the 500hp mustang needs a driver mod also along with suspension... hes wasting ALOT of hp...
driver no, suspension yes. my point being was you can have all the power in the world but if you cant put it to the ground your cars worthless.

I 100% agree with that but I would like to think that even with stock suspension and dragradials it would do better then 14.2 but at the same time theres no way i would put a 500 hp car on the track without decent suspension and slicks or drag radials.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:58 PM
smokesricers
2nd Gear Member

How much was the ticket?
Old 01-22-2007, 11:10 PM
Stanpower
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rocketrotary

I really don't have too much room to talk about street racing... I did it for many years, and lost my license over it a couple of times. I guess I just grew out of it, hopefully you'll do the same before somebody gets hurt or killed. And not having a license is no fun! Besides... when you race at the strip, you end up with something to show for it. Timeslips are the ULTIMATE bragging rights! Just something to think about.

Vic
+1 thumbs up!!
Old 01-23-2007, 12:25 AM
smbikes
3rd Gear Member

what some good suspension to put in to hook better? i have 50/50 lake wood drage shocks
Old 01-23-2007, 01:15 AM
Synyster Racing
2nd Gear Member

those are good shocks. Start with lakewood traction bars. I have them and they hook awesome on the street.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:19 AM
smbikes
3rd Gear Member

Synyster ur in the same boat with me about the street running , wnat all do u have done to ur suspenshion and how do u like it??
Old 01-23-2007, 01:20 AM
Synyster Racing
2nd Gear Member

you can set them up two different ways. 1st. setthe pinion angle@ 0 deg. and then bolt and weld it,buy some double adjustable uppers and adjust it to 3-4 deg. 2nd set the pinion angle @ 3-4 deg and bolt and weldit there, no need for the uppers.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:25 AM
Synyster Racing
2nd Gear Member

I have the southside traction bars, lakewood makes them now. stock uppers, I'm about to go with the double adjustable uppers. 50/50 lakewood rears, stock rear springs,90/10 fronts, moroso drag springs in front. subframe connectors 10 pt. cage.

Quick Reply: Did he spray?