5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 10:34 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

Default nitrous

i posted this in the pipes/boost/juice section, but noones really there...

1st. i have parts from a wet kit of a friends camaro... all the lines, and the nozzle(i guess youd call it), and both silinoids(sp). so id need to buy, bottle, wot switch, on/off switch,the correct jets, and window switch.

do i buy those pieces... or

just buy a cheap dry kit, and then buy the window switch and be set?

only looking to go w. a 75/80 shot. nothing more, nothing less...

nother question too, ill have an msd ingition set up, and it has a rev limiter... should i still get a window switch anyway?

and lastly, this is just curiousity... w. a plate kit(btwn the upper and lower intake), whats the max you can spray on the stock motor?
Old 01-21-2007, 11:20 PM
JeffUtica
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: nitrous

ORIGINAL: dimebag

i posted this in the pipes/boost/juice section, but noones really there...

1st. i have parts from a wet kit of a friends camaro... all the lines, and the nozzle(i guess youd call it), and both silinoids(sp). so id need to buy, bottle, wot switch, on/off switch,the correct jets, and window switch.

do i buy those pieces... or

just buy a cheap dry kit, and then buy the window switch and be set?

only looking to go w. a 75/80 shot. nothing more, nothing less...

nother question too, ill have an msd ingition set up, and it has a rev limiter... should i still get a window switch anyway?

and lastly, this is just curiousity... w. a plate kit(btwn the upper and lower intake), whats the max you can spray on the stock motor?
Well, if you can get the bottle and other parts you need for less then a dry kit then, yeah, buy the parts.
IMO I would recommend an rpm switch wired in series with the WOT swtich. This will make certain nitrous is activated when it's supposed to (3k rpm and higher) and shut off below that to guard against a back fire and/or engine damage. Likewise for the upper rpm, in case you accidentally over rev it.
I hadThe Nitrous Works wet kit with a plate betweenEGR plate and upper intake and it was rated at 175HP max. So, with a plate between the upper and lower intakeI would think more, but would consult with the nitrous manufactuer.
You say you're only going to spray 75/80...that won't last long.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:25 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

Default RE: nitrous

na thatll last long, its just to keep me happy untill i can afford a kenne bell... then after that i have a new plan/idea to fab up for spray