5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

UPDATED *56K* Warning!!!!! Winter Project Interior Swap, Heater Core, Dash, Wiring Hiding

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 12:12 PM
ruger311
4th Gear Member

Default UPDATED *56K* Warning!!!!! Winter Project Interior Swap, Heater Core, Dash, Wiring Hiding

yep its that time of the year, swapping the interior out of my 89 GT vert from grey to all black, along the way im swapping heater cores out, and hiding wires up front while my engine is out again for another great rebuild,, G-damn rings and lean issues on my newly built 347, oh well all going into a Dart Iron Eagle not that crappy sportman either,, haha here are some pics, i guess i could take some more and make a sticky outta the interior swap, dash removal, and wire hiding, check these out! pulled fenders and front bumper off all at once, very easy to do!

Old 01-24-2007, 12:21 PM
aode08
5th Gear Member

Default RE: *56K* Warning!!!!! Winter Project Interior Swap, Heater Core, Dash Removal, Front Clip Wiring Hi

dont forget to replace the heater core

and get them tools off that nice paint job man.

Old 01-24-2007, 12:47 PM
ruger311
4th Gear Member

Default RE: *56K* Warning!!!!! Winter Project Interior Swap, Heater Core, Dash Removal, Front Clip Wiring Hi

yes heater core is going to be done, just gotta brace it up a bit,, jb weld hahaha,, and i hope youre joking about the paint job! going to repaint front end black while i got it all tore apart, so when i take it to have em shoot the whole thing i got nice paint lines,
Old 01-24-2007, 12:53 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Sounds good. Honestly, I would hide all the wiring once the motor is in though, you dont want bunched up hidden wires getting in the way of parts when you go to put it back together, just my .02. Also, nice pics for the dash. They are going to help me out alot, I have my dash out now in my 88 GT and I have no clue how to put it back together. I took it apart wasted like over a year ago and forgot lol Lookin Good!
Old 01-24-2007, 01:01 PM
aode08
5th Gear Member

that dash would look nice painted.

there is a product that you spray called paint bonding adhesive, that will bond to the plastic and then you paint onto it.

Our body shop uses that on interior all the time
Old 01-24-2007, 01:06 PM
aode08
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 88BlueGT

Sounds good. Honestly, I would hide all the wiring once the motor is in though, you dont want bunched up hidden wires getting in the way of parts when you go to put it back together, just my .02. Also, nice pics for the dash. They are going to help me out alot, I have my dash out now in my 88 GT and I have no clue how to put it back together. I took it apart wasted like over a year ago and forgot lol Lookin Good!
whenever installing a dash, and i know im not around everyday, I keep all bolts with their components, in order I took them out on a bright white towel and a notepad and pen, wiring harnesses are marked with blue tape , of what and where.

Only adds a few minutes to your time and well worth it
Old 01-24-2007, 01:12 PM
LTnone
4th Gear Member

Nice lookin garage too...bet it's warm

Stupid michigan winters and tiny space heaters[>:]
Old 01-24-2007, 01:33 PM
ruger311
4th Gear Member

yeah i kept all the bolts together, i have another all black dash im puttin in and i transferred most of the parts to it already and the bolts so i know where they all go when i put it back in,,, damn car has been a year in the making in march, it has been a fun year and a helluva learning experience but will be worth it for sure, i loved it when it was running for the 4 mths it was till i jerked it back out cant beat 373RWHP hahaha, will be fun over 600+ with the turbo
Old 01-24-2007, 01:42 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Yea, I know thats what I should have done but I didnt.... I think the dash was the only thing I never labeled... and figures its the only thing I took apart that I cannot get back together!
Old 01-24-2007, 07:11 PM
88ragtop
3rd Gear Member

I did the same thing a few years back ruger, switched to all black!

Quick Reply: UPDATED *56K* Warning!!!!! Winter Project Interior Swap, Heater Core, Dash, Wiring Hiding