5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

paxton 2000 - cam?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 12:55 AM
ramprat
1st Gear Member

Default paxton 2000 - cam?

going to be running a paxton novi 2000 on a stock motor, found it runs on average around 325 rwhp so it should suffice for a while, which would be a good cam to go along with it? mind you i've got a bone stock motor - but will soon be adding to it slightly, within the next month going with gt40 heads and intake - maybe a C&L 73mm and a 65mm tb with 24lb injectors - but would a e303 be good? or an f?
Old 01-27-2007, 01:22 AM
Mustangkiler
5th Gear Member

Default RE: paxton 2000 - cam?

what kind of dyno were you on? manual or auto?
Old 01-27-2007, 01:24 AM
ramprat
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mustangkiler

what kind of dyno were you on? manual or auto?
i wasn't on a dyno, it's what Paxton told me on the phone - and some numbers i've seen in person :|
Old 01-27-2007, 01:29 AM
Mustangkiler
5th Gear Member

id go f cam if your going to stick with ford i just asked a similar question about a cam for my car thats supercharged and seems to be consensus for the alphabet cams for a superchargered 5.0, you will need at least an 80mm meter and at least 36ers if your going to run supercharged on a built engine.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:39 AM
BlackLX
4th Gear Member

http://www.camshaftinnovations.com/
Old 01-27-2007, 02:16 AM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

un just so u know ull need 42 pound injecters to run the s/c... and u can run a could air intake with it either.. could get a power pipe tho... as for a maf however ull need a different one besides stock so ucan tune it better... Pro-m meter is pretty good id get a 80mm if i were u... and u might as well get a 70mm tb if you goin to be doin a h/c/i with the s/c or shortly there after.... look at this is way... take hte cost of the s/c kit pull 1000 buck for air and fuel upgrades which are a have to have thing.... then like another 500 for a tune... novi is like 3800 last time i check so for the sake of math and say u got a good deal call it 3500 so ull need like 5000 to but that s/c on you engine and keep it safe and reliable and get your moneys worth... make sure u plan this out.. first time i looks at s/c i didnt figure all this in and soon got over welmed and had to drop my plans cuz i didnt ahve enouhg money..... i am no pro but i would think most hte guys on here would agree with my numbers... are at least close to it.. i mean u could get everyhitng used and it would be a lot cheaper... or u may have a connectoin.. but with no special condistion i wouldnt be suprised if u spend 5k on puttin it in

EDIT: as for a cam u wont notice a big difference becuz you heads are you bottle neck rite now not the cam... so i would just save if and do a h/c/i all at once so u can easly match htem up so they all complent each other well....if you low on case u mite consider the h/c/i first even
Old 01-27-2007, 02:21 AM
ramprat
1st Gear Member

well, the supercharger is costing me 2k - and i already have a C&L laying around and a older tb hanging out - tuning is free - injectors aren't a problem. if i wanted a cheaper route i'd of just found an old Incon kit or a HP and stuffed it turbo. :|

ORIGINAL: CrazyCobraSpeed

un just so u know ull need 42 pound injecters to run the s/c... and u can run a could air intake with it either.. could get a power pipe tho... as for a maf however ull need a different one besides stock so ucan tune it better... Pro-m meter is pretty good id get a 80mm if i were u... and u might as well get a 70mm tb if you goin to be doin a h/c/i with the s/c or shortly there after.... look at this is way... take hte cost of the s/c kit pull 1000 buck for air and fuel upgrades which are a have to have thing.... then like another 500 for a tune... novi is like 3800 last time i check so for the sake of math and say u got a good deal call it 3500 so ull need like 5000 to but that s/c on you engine and keep it safe and reliable and get your moneys worth... make sure u plan this out.. first time i looks at s/c i didnt figure all this in and soon got over welmed and had to drop my plans cuz i didnt ahve enouhg money..... i am no pro but i would think most hte guys on here would agree with my numbers... are at least close to it.. i mean u could get everyhitng used and it would be a lot cheaper... or u may have a connectoin.. but with no special condistion i wouldnt be suprised if u spend 5k on puttin it in

EDIT: as for a cam u wont notice a big difference becuz you heads are you bottle neck rite now not the cam... so i would just save if and do a h/c/i all at once so u can easly match htem up so they all complent each other well....if you low on case u mite consider the h/c/i first even
Old 01-27-2007, 02:34 AM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

u cant use a c&l cai with a supercharger... and dont use the maf they are junk.. i kno i have one... they use stock electrical with a bigger housing so ull go lean and doin that with a supercharger is less than good... trust me dont cut corners... ull need a fuel pump and regualtor as well... that cool that u get a free tune and got the injectors as well.. but get a different maf.. get a good one c&l are junk man... thats why they are so cheap.... i dunno how u got that s/c for 2k but congrats on that deal.. u can probably get everything done for less than 3grand from waht is sounds... gl with it
Old 01-27-2007, 03:25 PM
musclemustang94
3rd Gear Member

I wouldn't say you need 42 # injectors. I dont know what you would need, but he is only putting out 325 WHP. I say he needs 30's
Old 01-27-2007, 04:54 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CrazyCobraSpeed

u cant use a c&l cai with a supercharger... and dont use the maf they are junk.. i kno i have one... they use stock electrical with a bigger housing so ull go lean and doin that with a supercharger is less than good... trust me dont cut corners... ull need a fuel pump and regualtor as well... that cool that u get a free tune and got the injectors as well.. but get a different maf.. get a good one c&l are junk man... thats why they are so cheap.... i dunno how u got that s/c for 2k but congrats on that deal.. u can probably get everything done for less than 3grand from waht is sounds... gl with it

i never had a problem with mine and i had a 347 with a 125 shot

Quick Reply: paxton 2000 - cam?