5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

New gauges w/pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 10:59 PM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

Default RE: New gauges w/pics

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

4 point harnesses should be mounted at a maximum of 5° above the shoulders to 30° below the shoulders... where you installed them is incorrect and unsafe
that is correct. please dont tell me its a narrow band air/fuel gauge you ordered[sm=nono.gif]nothing more then a light show, but having it mounted way down there it doesnt matter if it was a wide band o2 gauge, its no where near a place you can read it while under wot. whats the dryer hose for? so your sc can suck up brake dust?

not trying to be mean, just trying to point you in the right direction. the car is beautiful, wish mine looks that clean. id buy a 6 point roll bar to attach those harness too
Old 01-28-2007, 12:56 AM
Evil_F
3rd Gear Member

At an angle 20 degrees or less you will slide forward in the seat. The belt wont keep your shoulders very secure. Many seatbelts are made so that you use the back bolts used to bolt your seat down. Even seen them installed on TV shows that away.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:01 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: Evil_F

At an angle 20 degrees or less you will slide forward in the seat. The belt wont keep your shoulders very secure. Many seatbelts are made so that you use the back bolts used to bolt your seat down. Even seen them installed on TV shows that away.
i would trust a company that does R&D on a crash sled over what i heard on TV.... in this case.. YOU are wrong, and the way he installed them is incorrect
Old 01-28-2007, 01:04 AM
JABES
2nd Gear Member

if the shoulder belts are bolted to the bottom of the seats that is even worse. when you get in an accident the belts will slow you down, but the more you go forward to more the belts pull down which puts pressure on your spine and can cause back injuries, if they are 20* or less the dont pull down they pull back, so you dont break your back.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 01-28-2007, 01:05 AM
JABES
2nd Gear Member

by the way where did you get that thing that holds your gauges and deck. i have the same one i just got it and i havent put it in. that looks pretty nice.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 01-28-2007, 01:10 AM
BK_Grand_Marquis

ORIGINAL: luckythirteen13
whats the dryer hose for? so your sc can suck up brake dust?
I'm guessing that for brake cooling. The ducting is probably directing air from the lower bumper to the front brakes.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:14 AM
Evil_F
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, you have a point. But very few are able to do that. Because very few have a roll bar. And even if they do, they dont have a bar that allows to mount a belt that away. So, you are saying that 99% of aftermarket seatbelt that are made are wrong... I still dont think that ones at that small of an angle will keep your shoulders very secure. I have even seen factory harnesses not mounted like that.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:35 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

Yeah, you have a point. But very few are able to do that. Because very few have a roll bar. And even if they do, they dont have a bar that allows to mount a belt that away. So, you are saying that 99% of aftermarket seatbelt that are made are wrong... I still dont think that ones at that small of an angle will keep your shoulders very secure. I have even seen factory harnesses not mounted like that.
factory belts are never mounted below the shoulders... so please retract your statement
Old 01-28-2007, 04:02 AM
Evil_F
3rd Gear Member

Factory 4 points are. Please see me in person.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:13 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

Factory 4 points are. Please see me in person.

give some examples before you go running your mouth

Quick Reply: New gauges w/pics