5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

New gauges w/pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 10:33 AM
tmajikman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: New gauges w/pics

Adder has a very valid point, I can't think of any factory seat belt where the shoulder harness was below the shoulder.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:11 PM
JABES
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

ORIGINAL: Evil_F

Yeah, you have a point. But very few are able to do that. Because very few have a roll bar. And even if they do, they dont have a bar that allows to mount a belt that away. So, you are saying that 99% of aftermarket seatbelt that are made are wrong... I still dont think that ones at that small of an angle will keep your shoulders very secure. I have even seen factory harnesses not mounted like that.
factory belts are never mounted below the shoulders... so please retract your statement
+1
Old 01-28-2007, 09:02 PM
76stangalang87
2nd Gear Member

I agree w/ adderbut thecars nice anyways
Old 01-28-2007, 10:25 PM
HACKGT350
6th Gear Member

Yeah, you have a point. But very few are able to do that. Because very few have a roll bar. And even if they do, they dont have a bar that allows to mount a belt that away. So, you are saying that 99% of aftermarket seatbelt that are made are wrong... I still dont think that ones at that small of an angle will keep your shoulders very secure. I have even seen factory harnesses not mounted like that.
factory belts are never mounted below the shoulders... so please retract your statement
the seat belts are mounted much lower than my shoulder in my labaron but thats probably because its a chysler product[:'(]
Old 01-28-2007, 11:09 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: HACKGT350

the seat belts are mounted much lower than my shoulder in my labaron but thats probably because its a chysler product[:'(]
unfortunately that is due to a design issue, however, if you took the average height of an american (~5'8" - 5'10") and measured the angle, im sure you would find that it is no greater than a 25° angle
Old 01-28-2007, 11:21 PM
HACKGT350
6th Gear Member

yeah thats probably true since im 6'3 haha any how it got me pulled over cause the shoulder strap likes to fall down the side of my arm cop thought i wasnt wearing it and i got a ticket for driving on a suspended lisence that i didnt know was suspended so before you tell me im retarded for driving like that it wasnt my fault
Old 01-28-2007, 11:23 PM
90mustang5.8
I ♥ Acer

yeah thats probably true since im 6'3 haha any how it got me pulled over cause the shoulder strap likes to fall down the side of my arm cop thought i wasnt wearing it and i got a ticket for driving on a suspended lisence that i didnt know was suspended so before you tell me im retarded for driving like that it wasnt my fault
that must of sucked
Old 01-28-2007, 11:25 PM
HACKGT350
6th Gear Member

yeah it did but the cop was cool about it he was suposed to arrest me and inpound my car but he made me park it in the parking lot i was in front of and have a friend come get me so i did that and then 3 hours later i went back and picked my car up and drove it home and then paid the $150sur charge 3 days later and now i have my lisence back but i have to go to court thursday and plead not guilty
Old 01-29-2007, 01:10 AM
militarymustang88gt
2nd Gear Member

unfortunately that is due to a design issue, however, if you took the average height of an american (~5'8" - 5'10") and measured the angle, im sure you would find that it is no greater than a 25° angle

look at it this way racing seatbelts are meant for racing which means a roll cage will be involved 98% of the timethus meaning adder is correct in this because on the halo over the drivers shoulders which is about 10deg above or below the drivers shoulders
Old 01-29-2007, 02:03 PM
93must
3rd Gear Member

I dont use the belts when I drive the car on the street! The factory belts are still in the car! I put them in for auto crossing. The only function was to keep me from flying around in the car(if you have done auto crossing you know what I meen)and to keep me from having to put my knee against the door for bracing! And the harness are not bolted to the seat they are bolted in the same places as the factory seat belts are! Thanks for all the concern though! The "dryer ducts" are actually brake ducts that come through the fog light holes. The bracket for the stereo and gauges I bought from performance engineering, 30 bucks.

Anyone else wants to trash my car feel free!

Quick Reply: New gauges w/pics