5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Removing A/C Stuff......

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 02:42 PM
ckyguy68
5th Gear Member

Default Removing A/C Stuff......

How do i go about removing all this A/C stuff? I dont want to disconnect anything important.

Old 02-08-2007, 06:23 PM
ckyguy68
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Removing A/C Stuff......

help
Old 02-08-2007, 06:25 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Sorry, when I did mine I want concerned about sh*t and just started ripping sh*t apart. Plus it was a long time ago. All I remember is that I was going to town on a b*tch and I disconnected something from the AC and it went boom and I almost lost my hand
Old 02-08-2007, 06:33 PM
86stanglx
2nd Gear Member

just dissconnect the lines and wires and then take the compressor off. i dissconnected the lines from the compressor 1st b/c they were easier to get to. its prolly got alot of pressure. then i dissconnected it from the firewall. my buddies car just has them sawed off but it was that way when he got it and doesnt hurt anything.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:33 PM
ckyguy68
5th Gear Member

Maybe ill wait for some more feedback... i need my hands

ORIGINAL: 88BlueGT

Sorry, when I did mine I want concerned about sh*t and just started ripping sh*t apart. Plus it was a long time ago. All I remember is that I was going to town on a b*tch and I disconnected something from the AC and it went boom and I almost lost my hand
Old 02-08-2007, 06:39 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 86stanglx

just dissconnect the lines and wires and then take the compressor off. i dissconnected the lines from the compressor 1st b/c they were easier to get to. its prolly got alot of pressure. then i dissconnected it from the firewall. my buddies car just has them sawed off but it was that way when he got it and doesnt hurt anything.
If I remember correctly I think thats how I almost lost my fingers... or atleast it seemed like I almost did anyway lol
Old 02-08-2007, 06:42 PM
ckyguy68
5th Gear Member

On my buddies car i was taking the line off and even with safety glasses i got refrigerant in my eyes. But i already cut the hoses going to the compressor. I just need to know what specific parts to take out. Maybe somebody knows of a link with detailed info?
Old 02-08-2007, 07:24 PM
Suspect
2nd Gear Member

just did this on my sn. 1st u have to get all the refrigerant out. get some ac/fuel line disconnect tools. (real cheap, didnt wanna hack em) i disconnect all my lines 1st. i think it was2 to the canister and 2 to the condenser. then just unbolted everything and pulled it out. i left the condenser in to sheild the rad.

Old 02-08-2007, 07:38 PM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

ORIGINAL: Suspect

just did this on my sn. 1st u have to get all the refrigerant out. get some ac/fuel line disconnect tools. (real cheap, didnt wanna hack em) i disconnect all my lines 1st. i think it was2 to the canister and 2 to the condenser. then just unbolted everything and pulled it out. i left the condenser in to sheild the rad.

What he said. Except I pulled the condensor as well. Once you get the refridgerant out, you should not have any pressure. The right way is to evacuate it, but you could just loosen the lines the let it bleed (shh!) Once thats done then its just unbolt and unplug. The dryer is that thing in your pic, it comes unclamped then just unplug it. Nothing big or scary about it
Old 02-08-2007, 07:45 PM
Suspect
2nd Gear Member

there should be a vavle thing by the intake. i didnt have to cuz mine was empty,but u can wrap some rags around it and poke a screwdriver in it.

i just remember fox guys dont have that hole up front like the sn's. buthave u taken any hits to the rad, since u taken out the condenser?

Quick Reply: Removing A/C Stuff......