5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

PCV.....continued

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 03:58 AM
vristang
4th Gear Member

Default RE: PCV.....continued

ORIGINAL: 90Lxstanger

OK thanks you i think am gettin somewhere. So the hose from the bottom of the upper intake should run right to the lower intake? and in between there should be pcv vavle and screen and whatever else you had mentioned before? and for the lower intake fiting, there a hose that runs from that to the vac. distribution block, that shouldnt be there right?
We're making progress, but we're not quite there yet

You should have a hose on your car that is routed exactly the same as the one in the pic you posted. that hose is correct.

There should also be a hose running from the pcv (in the lower intake) to the upper intake. On the underside of the upper, you will find a 'vac tree', which has several vac nipples of various sizes.
Your pcv should be routed to one of these nipples.

Old 02-10-2007, 04:01 AM
90Lxstanger
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 90Lxstanger

OK thanks you i think am gettin somewhere. So the hose from the bottom of the upper intake should run right to the lower intake? and in between there should be pcv vavle and screen and whatever else you had mentioned before? and for the lower intake fiting, there a hose that runs from that to the vac. distribution block, that shouldnt be there right?
The hose in the red square, runs from that vaccum distribution to the lower intake, which yoiu said it should not. And the hose above/around the red spray paint, has a bolt in the end of it, So i need to pull the bolt out and plug it in to the lower intake where the other hose is?. Also when i have pulled th bolt out while its running its sucks vaccum and idles supper high, so when it was plugged off, the kid had turned the idle screw up to make it idle.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:12 AM
gspfunk
5th Gear Member

^^^What they said...On my stock and my Street Heat, I run that hose from the firewall to the larger tube on the vacuum tree that screws into the underside of the upper intake. When I was first learning and re-assembling my motor, I bought a Haynes and Chilton's....the diagrams are really helpful. Below is a pic of my Street Heat:

[IMG]local://upfiles/10560/E052A469B7EC44CDAED8F9407E4FFE3A.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-10-2007, 04:24 AM
90Lxstanger
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gspfunk

^^^What they said...On my stock and my Street Heat, I run that hose from the firewall to the larger tube on the vacuum tree that screws into the underside of the upper intake. When I was first learning and re-assembling my motor, I bought a Haynes and Chilton's....the diagrams are really helpful. Below is a pic of my Street Heat:
Hey thank you, that is what i was thinking, i will have to findand route that hose withthe intake still on the car, but that wont be a porblem, that its what iunderstood he meant, but wasnt sure, i cnat believe the lastowner routed the hose from the lower intae to the firewall vac. distribution, o well. One ****ty thingis thatmy Hanyed manual dontshow that ****, which i thought was ****ty, i think i get the picture now, and i will change this tomorrow, iwilllet you all know what happens, and thanks a bunch. one last thing, where doesthe pcv vavle go?or do i need one

[IMG]local://upfiles/10560/E052A469B7EC44CDAED8F9407E4FFE3A.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-10-2007, 05:12 AM
gspfunk
5th Gear Member

You need the screen/filter like you said earlier. It goes into the quarter-sized hole in the back of the lower intake, followed by the PCV valve...attached to the hose going to the upper (like in my earlier pic).
Old 02-10-2007, 06:59 PM
90Lxstanger
3rd Gear Member

Havent had any luck yet, now that i reread this, i understand it alot more then last night, i was a lil drunk then, so i understand in the one pic that i need to run the hose from the upper intake to the vac tree on the firewal. How it is no is the hose from the vac. tree on the underside of the upper runs there, which isnt right, so i need to run that hose to the lower intake, which i havent found where that goes yet, but ill figure it out. i need to get a pic of how its set up right now so maybe you all can see.