5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

ARRGGHHH FREAKAIN FORDS!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 07:00 PM
QbonStang95GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: ARRGGHHH FREAKAIN FORDS!

let me ask u guys i got a cheapcold air intake off ebay for it and im not sure if it did it before to but ever since i put that on i can start mah can when its been sitting for a while( like over night) and tap the gas and it wants to hesitate , it wont cut off and i noticed now that its really cold it takes longer for it to start(iknow cus its cold)and for the first like ten mins its running it runs like crap and sumtimes i can here a howling noise coming from the front of the enginethe howling noise cumsfor a min and then goes away... anybody have any suggestions bout anything ? i got it scanned an d no codes popped up, i got the fuel filter changerd at the same time so i dont know i can feel the car is not pushing like it has before oh andshe only has 87000 miles on her ...the car is pretty much stock jus got a cheap cold air intake a some v force mufflers and chrome tips .. cant really afford anything till i pay mi baby off.. any suggestions on what i should do next? thanksalot hope u guys can help
Old 02-11-2007, 07:04 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: QbonStang95GT

let me ask u guys i got a cheapcold air intake off ebay for it and im not sure if it did it before to but ever since i put that on i can start mah can when its been sitting for a while( like over night) and tap the gas and it wants to hesitate , it wont cut off and i noticed now that its really cold it takes longer for it to start(iknow cus its cold)and for the first like ten mins its running it runs like crap and sumtimes i can here a howling noise coming from the front of the enginethe howling noise cumsfor a min and then goes away... anybody have any suggestions bout anything ? i got it scanned an d no codes popped up, i got the fuel filter changerd at the same time so i dont know i can feel the car is not pushing like it has before oh andshe only has 87000 miles on her ...the car is pretty much stock jus got a cheap cold air intake a some v force mufflers and chrome tips .. cant really afford anything till i pay mi baby off.. any suggestions on what i should do next? thanksalot hope u guys can help
punctuation owns you

your car runs like crap when its cold because its in a cold start mode. My car runs a 10:1 air fuel ratio when it first starts... because its using alot more fuel than it shold be... because its COLD!
Old 02-11-2007, 07:24 PM
QbonStang95GT
2nd Gear Member

lol sorry bout the punctuation .. i work to jobs so im tired.... so u say when its cold and u start ur car up and tap the gas it wans to cut off on you?
Old 02-11-2007, 07:47 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

lol sorry bout the punctuation .. i work to jobs so im tired.... so u say when its cold and u start ur car up and tap the gas it wans to cut off on you?
yep.. because the car is running rediculously rich, and your timing curve is all distored by the odd values of the sensors..

just let it warm up and youll be ok
Old 02-11-2007, 08:43 PM
QbonStang95GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

yep.. because the car is running rediculously rich, and your timing curve is all distored by the odd values of the sensors..

i know cus its cold but thats all u can do is let it warm up? thanks man..
Old 02-11-2007, 08:44 PM
QbonStang95GT
2nd Gear Member

so what do u think that howling nosie is?...
Old 02-11-2007, 08:46 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

i know cus its cold but thats all u can do is let it warm up? thanks man..
your car runs liek crap becaue its cold... theres nothing wrong

and without hearing the noise.. i cant tell you what it is
Old 02-11-2007, 08:54 PM
QbonStang95GT
2nd Gear Member

ok thanks man i apprieciate it...ill get pics and stuff up soon...

Old 02-11-2007, 09:01 PM
90Lxstanger
3rd Gear Member

Here go to www.fordfuelinjection.com and read about the computer and its "strategies" and itll tell you basically what Adder said, its dumping fuel in like hell, to help it warm up and allthe good stuff, just read a little and enjoy, hell even i go back a read it over sometimes just for a refreshment......
Old 02-11-2007, 09:19 PM
QbonStang95GT
2nd Gear Member

aight koo man this sight is da best.

yall my online stang fam lol

Quick Reply: ARRGGHHH FREAKAIN FORDS!