5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

GOT MY SOUTH SIDE LIFT BARS ON!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 08:24 PM
BlackBetty93GT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: GOT MY SOUTH SIDE LIFT BARS ON!

doesanyone else know where you can get southside parts?
Old 02-12-2007, 08:48 PM
zemog
2nd Gear Member

check in the classifieds, there were some used from stangchick for 80 shipped.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:35 PM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BlackBetty93GT

doesanyone else know where you can get southside parts?
the mega bite jr. lower control arms are the same as the southside control arms. they are both lift bars
Old 02-13-2007, 01:15 AM
BlackBetty93GT
3rd Gear Member

well where do you get mega bite jr. and what do you mean by a lift arm....i just want a good upper and lower control arm and from what i understand southsides are the best
Old 02-13-2007, 07:19 PM
BlackBetty93GT
3rd Gear Member

^^
Old 02-13-2007, 10:43 PM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

you can find them on ebay. for example http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HPM-M...spagenameZWD1V
here is a set for 99-04 mustangs. they look the same tho.ford racingsells their version of the southside lift bars
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...p;autoview=sku
Old 02-13-2007, 10:46 PM
86 5.0L
6th Gear Member

so lift bars = lower control arms?
Old 02-13-2007, 10:49 PM
90Lxstanger
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CompOrangeHatch

ORIGINAL: luckythirteen13

hope you welded the seems on your lower torque boxes and/or got a battle box kit. life bars are HELL on torque boxes. nothing tears up a lower torque box like lift bars and traction
No I didnt weld them yet BUT they are next on my list and then some subframes. Im trying to decide on which uppers to get. I have welded the brakets to the rear end yet either. I dont have a welder so I had to make an appointment for tomrrow. It sits a about the same as stockers BUT oh my GOD you can tell that these things are hell on the chassis BUT if you wanna hook you gotta have them. Handling didnt decrease much at and they actually ride alittle better then my stockers with worn out bushings.

I bought them on ebay for $100.

90lxstanger - How did you set your pinion angle? I just put weight on the car and bolted them down. having them welded tomorrow. Can you post some pics of how yours are installed?
Ill try and get some pics. its cold out and snow on the ground tho. Mine had those relocation brackets that have to be welded on under where the stock control arms mount(and these are just aftermarket control arms/not really TRUE tracion bars). And i dont have uppers yet, so i didnt set the pinion angle really...... i didnt install them, previous owner did.
And i agree what do you mean by Lift Bars?(thought its just a lower control arm replacement?)
And Comp-does yours have the solid bushing, b/c mine do.........
Old 02-14-2007, 03:16 AM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 86 5.0L

so lift bars = lower control arms?
no, lift bars are a type of lower control arm. lift bars change the geometry of the suspension by lowering the rear mounting hole. normal control arms bolt right up in the stock locations at the body and the axle. lift bars dont. they mount to the body in the same place but they dont mount to the same place on the axle. there is actually a separate bracket that bolts to the stock location and the lift bar mounts to that.

i have since lowered the mounting point to the lower hole which provides more traction but not recommended for the street because it causes the car to strike the tires harder, but for a shorter amount of time. good if running drag radials or slicks
Old 02-14-2007, 03:25 AM
SSKiller
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kevinas1214

Would like more info on that! I have Nitto 555r's but it still spins a little on street applications and I cant spray in first; would this help?
Are those the drag radial? Try a small burnout, launch a little softer, and then grab the unit.

Quick Reply: GOT MY SOUTH SIDE LIFT BARS ON!