5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

what to do???

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 07:06 AM
95 droptop
2nd Gear Member

Default what to do???

ok i have a 94 vert auto.and i want to make atleast a 12.9. I also want to go for the sleeper look when someone looks under the hood, so tell me what you think. Cobra intakes(Ported), 70mmTB,Thumper E7 heads,Ford-Steeda-or some othercam,1.6 RR, Rear Control arms, Lakewood S&S, eibach pro kit, Sub frames, aluminum drive shaft, shift kit, 4.10 gears, NOS wet shot(how much can stock internals take?), then a good tune.And of course all the supporting mods.Besides some weight reduction what else could i do? I already have the exhaust covered. This is my daily driver that i like to take out to the track, or just cruize in. Then after that is all done I would like to go to one of flaming rivers manual racks and m&m's tubular k-members.Also what power and what times could this be capible of?
Old 02-23-2007, 12:10 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

Default RE: what to do???

Well unless you're REAL good at hiding it, it's going to be difficult to keep a sleeper look while using a nitrous wet kit. As far as how much to spray, 125 is a safe, yet decent amount. Also, why not get ported GT-40 heads instead of ported E7 heads? You'll still have a stock look because noone will be able to tell teh difference by looking under the hood.

Everything else looks pretty good. Keep in mind that anyone who has a clue will know it's not stock though. The cobra intakes look different. The TB, MAF, etc will also look different. And when you upgrade your injectors to something bigger, they will see that they arent the stock 19# injectors (orange.)

I's say screw it and just get a supercharger, lol. I have a 95 GT vert that looks stock from the outside, but doesn't look close to it under the hood. But then again, how often am I gonna let them look under the hood
Old 02-23-2007, 12:13 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

There is an article from a few months ago in MM&FF on how to hide a nitrous system to be pretty much invisible to the human eye! Check it out if you are interested....
Old 02-23-2007, 01:32 PM
grumpyphillips
2nd Gear Member

88BlueGT,
I have that article at home. But I believe they used a dry nitrous system. So, I'm not sure if you could hide it in the same way they did.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:35 PM
89 fox
4th Gear Member

i read that article....i can't remember though....also...to help with the sleeper look...get an explorer upper and lower intake then port it. to finish it off....install the 5.0HO badge off the factory intake back onto the explorer intake
Old 02-23-2007, 01:50 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

Nearly anything is possible, which is why I said it would be "extremely difficult" and not "impossible." But with a wet system you have a lot of things to overcome. Where to hide solenoids, where to hide lines, and how to tap the fuel without using the obvious schrader valve.

One possible method: use direct port injection and get one of the kits that are hidden like this...

But you still have to run and hide some lines... That makes it a lot easier. Still a pain in the **** and hardly worth the extra effort... unless you're on PINKS and wanna lie, LoL.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:20 PM
5.slow33
1st Gear Member

you should be able to hit 12.9 with out nos, you might need a shift kit and a stall converter but wiht good tires you should. but get different heads not the E7's ported not worth it
Old 02-23-2007, 03:23 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: samseed101

Nearly anything is possible, which is why I said it would be "extremely difficult" and not "impossible." But with a wet system you have a lot of things to overcome. Where to hide solenoids, where to hide lines, and how to tap the fuel without using the obvious schrader valve.

One possible method: use direct port injection and get one of the kits that are hidden like this...

But you still have to run and hide some lines... That makes it a lot easier. Still a pain in the **** and hardly worth the extra effort... unless you're on PINKS and wanna lie, LoL.
Wow, thats f*cking awsome
Old 02-23-2007, 03:32 PM
88 rubber eater
2nd Gear Member

Oh man, I love that nitrous set-up! Probably costs a pretty penny LOL. When I get my wet nitrous kit I am going to try my best to hide it. It will be difficult, for sure, but toying with people is going to be so much fun. Besides, the kids I would be racing would have no idea what "Nawz" looks like anyway. All I need to do it put a chrome CAI under the hood and the ricers will just look at that and not notice the 150 shot I'm running ("oooooh, shiney!!!!!) heheheh. I have an 88 so I havea really good spot to hide the bottle. It will be a little bit of a pain, but no one will find the thing.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:34 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Let me guess... inside the door? lol

It shouldnt need nitrous to beat the little ricer boys anyway