5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

STILL no electrical... AT ALL! *HELP*

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 01:17 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Default RE: STILL no electrical... AT ALL! *HELP*

ORIGINAL: Mowin8603

ok will do, i always read all the posts in my thread and i appologize for kind of doing a double post but im a bit slow when it comes to wiring.. [/align][/align]so thanks for your patience[/align]
It's no problem, I been doing this for along time and somethimes it's still chineese to me. It can be very frustrating, you know, like trying to fix a car over the internet!!
Old 02-26-2007, 01:22 AM
Mowin8603
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PRO50SC

ORIGINAL: Mowin8603

ok will do, i always read all the posts in my thread and i appologize for kind of doing a double post but im a bit slow when it comes to wiring.. [/align][/align]so thanks for your patience[/align]
It's no problem, I been doing this for along time and somethimes it's still chineese to me. It can be very frustrating, you know, like trying to fix a car over the internet!!
[/align][/align]haha very true. but im still to stubburn to let someone else fix MY car you know. this is the first car i have done everything to myself and im trying to learn and read up to keep it that way.[/align][/align]but ok i think i get it a little better now. but as for fuseable links go, there are2 main ones that i should check in relation to the starter right? the dark green wire with the 14 Ga fuse, and the dark blue wire with the 20 ga fuse correct? and where is the starter relay located? i think i can trace the wires from that. but still if one of those is bad and that corrects my starter problem will that do anything about the whole car having power?? someone said something about a nuetral switch maybe going bad??[/align] [/align][/align]oh and i saved that pic to my pc now =] Thanks[/align]
Old 02-26-2007, 01:23 AM
fordboyyfm
2nd Gear Member

im gonna guess your starter relay or solenoid was sticking, keeping the starter enganged like you said it was doing. and it was pulling to much the alternator couldnt keep up or even got fried and you ran the car on the battery untill it was dead. try a jump start see if it does anything.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:25 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

The nuetral saftey switch would not cut all power to the car. The starter soleniod is located on the drivers side fender in front of the strut tower. Follow the pos battery cable, you'll find it.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:26 AM
Mowin8603
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PRO50SC

The nuetral saftey switch would not cut all power to the car. The starter soleniod is located on the drivers side fender in front of the strut tower. Follow the pos battery cable, you'll find it.
[/align][/align]oooh so right next to the coil? and the pos cable is attatched to the coil right?[/align][/align]..man i really sound retarted lol[/align]
Old 02-26-2007, 01:26 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

ORIGINAL: fordboyyfm

im gonna guess your starter relay or solenoid was sticking, keeping the starter enganged like you said it was doing. and it was pulling to much the alternator couldnt keep up or even got fried and you ran the car on the battery untill it was dead. try a jump start see if it does anything.
If you read his first post, he states the battery is fully charged.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:38 AM
Mowin8603
3rd Gear Member

ok i have pictures [/align][/align][/align]
[/align][/align]ok both pics are pics of the same area, but is the part that i circled the starter relay? and if so how can i check to see if its ok or not?[/align][/align] [/align][/align]oh and now i realise since i took that cover off that the pos battery cable is not attatched directly to the coil[&:]learn something new everyday! lol[/align]
Old 02-26-2007, 01:41 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Yes that's the starter relay/soleniod. Now tug on all the smaller wires that are connected to it and see if any of them stretch. Do you have a test light by any chance? It would really help at this point.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:45 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

follow the yellow wire on the starter relay, it leads your fusible links
Old 02-26-2007, 02:04 AM
Mowin8603
3rd Gear Member

ok i found all the fuseable links, but how do you check them? they see to be a solid rectangle rubber peice and it doesnt really look like you can open it with out cutting it. havnt cut it yet but is there a key to checking these? [/align][/align]ill take another pick and show you what i have found.[/align]

Quick Reply: STILL no electrical... AT ALL! *HELP*