5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

STILL no electrical... AT ALL! *HELP*

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 01:03 AM
Mowin8603
3rd Gear Member

Default STILL no electrical... AT ALL! *HELP*

alright guys.. i posted a thread about this problem a couple days ago but didnt really figure out what i needed. [/align][/align]a recap on my issue: my starter wouldnt shut off when i went to start it, but it didnt always seem to be engaging to the fly wheel. like i shut the car off when i heard the start still on and it stayed on but it let me shut the motor off, and then it started back up fine.. just the starter was still getting power and spinning. well i tried driving home like that because i had to get home one way or the other and i ended up loosing all power and the motor quit. at first i thought the starter seexed up and then egaged and stalled my motor. but now i dont think that was the problem. im thinking somehow something fried (hopeing a fuse or something easy) and then just didnt allow any current to anything.[/align][/align]but this time i have a few different questions.[/align][/align]is there by chance a inline main fuse that if it goes out then the whole car doesnt have power at all? because thats the way its acting right now, like there isnt a battery in the car, when there is and its fully charged and its only like 3 months old. [/align][/align]any new ideas?? i really need to get this thing running again because the rents are getting tired of me driving their cars... [/align]
Old 02-26-2007, 01:05 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Default RE: STILL no electrical... AT ALL! *HELP*

Dude did you check that schematic I posted. There's not much to the circuit. Did you look to see if any fusable links were burnt?
Old 02-26-2007, 01:05 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

did you even both reading Pro50SC's responce to your last thread about the fusable links???
Old 02-26-2007, 01:08 AM
Mowin8603
3rd Gear Member

ya i looked at it, but again im pretty retarded when it comes to wiring and electrical stuff. [/align][/align]i can find it again and ill post it on here but can you guy kind of explain it to me?? [&:][/align]
Old 02-26-2007, 01:10 AM
Mowin8603
3rd Gear Member

[/align][/align]ok there it is.. but thats like in a different language to me.[/align][/align]like where is all that wiring located on the car and.. well how do i really go about testing areas?[/align]
Old 02-26-2007, 01:11 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

OK, you can't just look at the fusable links. You have to tug on them. The outside covering of them is made of a rubbery compound. The wire sometimes burns thru w/o harming the outer cover. You pull on the wires, if 1 is burned thru, it will stretch, unlike a solid wire that is still in tact. This is very important to look for. Sorry I didn't mention it before.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:13 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

ORIGINAL: Mowin8603

[/align][/align]ok there it is.. but thats like in a different language to me.[/align][/align]like where is all that wiring located on the car and.. well how do i really go about testing areas?[/align]
I believe I explained all that in your other thread. Go back and read it carefully. I really hate typing stuff twice cuz ppl don't take the time to read all the posts in their threads.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:14 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

the easiest way to test a fusible link is to pull on it, if its very soft and stretchy, its blown!
Old 02-26-2007, 01:15 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

From the other thread

[quote]ORIGINAL: PRO50SC

You have something that's called fusable links that run to the starter relay. If you fried them, that will cause the problem. You better also hope you didn't ruin the flywheel driving the car w/ the starter engaged.

Top right hand corner, fusable links.

Old 02-26-2007, 01:15 AM
Mowin8603
3rd Gear Member

ok will do, i always read all the posts in my thread and i appologize for kind of doing a double post but im a bit slow when it comes to wiring.. [/align][/align]so thanks for your patience[/align]

Quick Reply: STILL no electrical... AT ALL! *HELP*